part 39

before i knew it our noses were touching

"are you gonna kiss me or what?" i whispered softly

i could sense the hesitation in his eyes as if he were still debating whether he was going to. i was about to pull away when he cupped my check and  drew me in. his lips were on mine and for knowing the kiss was about to happen, something about was still so unexpected. it was a soft kiss, a real one, because i knew i wasn't dreaming now. i felt like screaming like a little girl from how excited i was that i finally got the perfect kiss. i felt as if i was melting into him.

i broke away first and gave a soft laugh, not in a mocking way but an overly excited way.

i was questioning on what to say or do, because what do you say or do after being kissed by christopher sturniolo?

"ivy, are you okay you look sick?" there was a fear in his eyes as if him kissing me disgusted me which was far from the truth

"yeah, no i m fine i promise. i just- what does this make us?" i asked nervously

"i guess time will tell" he joked

"oh" i said dropping my head 

"ivy, you'll see" he smiled as his quickly kissed me again.

i couldn't help myself but melt into him.

"so you said your taking me to prom?" i said trying to change the subject

"you heard right"

"how, it's over" i said "and your not even on the guest list"

"you'll see" he smiled "put your dress back on"

i left his arms to put my dress back on, i made chris leave the room again. i was standing in front of my mirror just admiring myself. it was the first time in a long time i felt pretty.

i opened my door back up to see chris standing there "so where are we going?"

"you'll just have to see ivy"

he took my hand and lead me downstairs. he had keys in his hand.

"i thought you couldn't drive"

"matt has been showing me how to drive safely" he winked

"chris-"

"ivy i promise i've been practicing, and i'm not that terrible."

"are you sure?"

"like 87.3% positive"

i had no choice but to trust chris. i got into the car and put my life in the hands of fate. i hope we make it out alive.

chris was actually not that bad of a driver, but i was still better. he drove me to the park nearby. there was something in the distance but i couldn't tell what it was. he put the car in park.

"do you trust me"

"i think me getting in this car answers that question"

"shut up ivy" chris joked "close your eyes"

i did as he said, i heard him get out of the car and open my side. he unlocked my belt and helped me out.

"okay we're gonna walk for a bit is that okay?"

"do i have to keep my eyes closed"

"yes"

he held my hand and i fought the urge to open my eyes the whole time. we walked for probably five minutes when i could tell we were waking over the small bridge to the fountain.

he stopped me when we just finished crossing the bridge.

"okay open your eyes"

there were lights up and rose petals everywhere. i heard chris put on some music. it wasn't much but it was like a scene out of a movie. the water was actually flowing from the fountain and it felt like the world was just composed of the two of us.

"did you do this?" i asked

"maybe" chris said stepping towards me "can i have this dance?"

"of course" i curtsied

it was a slow song playing, but i didn't recognize it. chris and i were close, my arms were wrapped around his neck and his arms were on my lower back. there wasn't much room in between us and that was prefect for me. we slow danced around the fountain for few songs.

"ivy i'm so sorry i ruined your prom night" chris said

"no, it's perfect" i replied and went in for a kiss.
and in this moment i knew my life was complete, i had everything i wanted. but chris leaned back, denying my kiss.

"i'm sorry" i said quietly

"no, don't apologize, i've been meaning to ask you something." chris said

"what is it?"

"will you be my girlfriend, for real this time?"

"i don't know, you still owe me a pretzel" i replied as i remember the video that made this all happen...

***
"okay ivy we're gonna be at the mall this weekend , we'd like to see you again" nick said with a little smile on his face, though when he said this chris was rolling his eyes slightly.

"you better pull up cuz umm" matt thought for a sec "well get you a uhhh"

"A PRETZEL" chris shouted but then immediately got quite as if he got embarrassed. but damn. how'd he remember i love mall pretzels.

***

"what?" he asked

"you know for going to the mall that weekend, you owe me a pretzel, you forgot"

"i'll buy you a thousand pretzel from that mall if that's what you want" chris smiled "id do anything for you"

"then yes" i reply  "i will be your girlfriend for real"

and he leaned in for another kiss.

**********************************************

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR READING!!!

i know it's been a long wait but it's finally over... i don't even know how long i've been writing this, but thank you to everyone who has been supportive and been here through all the long waits <3

you guys are amazing and thank you for all the positive feedback and support you gave me!!

this is sadly the last chapter of the story

I LOVE YOU GUYS

<333333

(p.s. i will now be going back through and fixing all those typos i made in previous chapters LOL)