part 21

i could feel myself smiling like a little girl. i quickly took my seat, hopefully without chris seeing me. i took a sip of my drink which tasted off and i watch chris make a beeline towards the kitchen.

i stayed sitting on the couch for what felt like an eternity, which ended when a couple sat down next to my hardcore making out. i left before i saw the making of a baby. i went to the garage which was packed, but you could still move.

i found a stool to sit on and i watched four guys play beer pong. one of the guys was really cute. he was about 6'2" and was wearing a tshirt that was cut at the sleeves all the way to the bottom. this allowed his abs to be seen. he had dirty blonde hair and was a little sweaty.

i watched as these four boys continued their game, cute boy was a little too good at it.

there was one cup left and cute boy took the shot and made it. he looked up directly at me afterwards. i quickly looked away getting embarrassed. i looked back to see if they were going to play another game. but what i found was cute guy dabbing up his friend and making his way over towards me. i didn't know what to do so i grabbed my phone and started doing random shit. i'm pretty sure i was scrolling through my emails.

"hey" cute boy said to me "i'm kai"

he held out his hand for me to shake, which was weird because who shakes hands anymore. i shook his hand with my sweaty ass ones.

"i'm ivy" i smiled

"we'll ivy, you look gorgeous" kai said as he kissed my hand as if i were a princess

i took my hand away from him "umm thank you"

"do you wanna grab a drink?" kai asked.

"i don't have anything better to do" i laughed

with that kai grabbed my hand and basically dragged me out of my seat. he didn't let go while we walked. it was weird no guy has ever just shoot their shot at me like that.

we made our way back into the house still holding hands. we went to the kitchen and it disappointed me to not see chris there. but i would except him to stay in the kitchen the whole night.

kai let go of my hand

"what do you want gorgeous?"

"umm a water?" i said

"water!?" he asked " let loose have a little fun, i'll get you a beer and a water just in case"

"okay" i giggled

kai held out the water for me and i grab it. he held onto the two beers in one hand and grabbed my hand with the other. he took me outside which was also crowed. we found an empty stool, just one. it was a tall one and i could barely get up without embarrassing myself.

kai stood next to me while i sat in the stool.

"so ivy, if you could go anywhere right now, where would it be?" he asked

"that's a good one" i had to think hard "does it have to be like this day right now, or could i travel in time?"

"anything, anywhere, anytime" he smiled

"i'd go back to see my parents" i said, it wasn't an exciting answer, but it was the truth. if i could be anywhere, i would want to be in the arms of my mom. i would want to smell her cheap perfume, i'd want to hear her laugh. i'd want to say goodbye.

"oh, what happened" kai asked "actually you don't have to tell me"

"no it's fine, they died a few years ago" i managed to get out without choking. "i'd just would want to see them and tell them i love them"