part 33

i didn't sleep at all that night. i went home basically on the verge of tears.

i left chris's room swiftly and left without saying anything. i heard matt asking where i was going. but i had no energy to reply or even look his way. i drove home in silence.

i felt like i didn't even have the energy to think. i was starring at the ceiling with no thoughts. well, i had one thought, chris. but his words hurt me even though i know he didn't mean to. it just hurt knowing he didn't want me. it ached my heart that he didn't feel the same way i did. i felt a tear roll down my check and rolled over on my side.

there's no way he didn't feel the same way, why else would he have that pic of us printed out and hanging on his mirror?

the picture.

i couldn't erase that picture out of my mind. even though i hated it, i wanted to see it again.

i heard a knock on the door.

"ivy?"

it was chels. i haven't even thought about her in forever. i'm such a horrible person.

"yeah?"

"are you ready to go?" she asked

"for what?"

she stepped into my room all dress and ready. she had her backpack hung over her shoulder.

"umm school." i shot up. i didn't sleep at all and the night flew by. i was still in the clothes i was in the day before. i could already sense my hair was a wild mess and my face was for sure puffy from crying.

"yeah ill be down in a sec." i lied. she knew i was lying. chels walk out and close the door behind me. i sprung out of bed, not the best idea, and got lightheaded, but i had no time to waste. i ran to my closet and threw on the first thing i saw.

a baggy vintage car shirt and sweatpants i hurriedly put on a pair of socks and slid my feet into some slides. i threw my hair up into a horrendous bun but it was a one attempt kind of moring.

i snatched my backpack and ran downstairs to meet chels.

"2 minutes and 16 seconds." she said as she showed me her phone with the same time plastered on the screen. "i even started it before i closed your door. impressive"

"do you have the keys?" i asked

"always"

we got in the car and headed off to hell on earth. school.

"hey ivy?" chels asked

"yeah?"

"you would never keep anything from me right?"

"no i wouldn't, and i know what you're referring to there is so much i need to tell you"

i looked at the time on my car lock. i had time to explain really fast. so i did.

"Chelsea, i love you so so much."

"oh no i don't t like the sound of this" she said

"it's okay i promise, but you have to promise to not speak of this to anyone. and i mean not even your stuffed animals."

i held out my pinkie and chels interlocked it with hers.

a pinkie promise, the most sacred promise was just made.

"i promise" chels said

"okay, the rumors are false, chris and i are not dating and we never have done anything like that. but after chris found out about the rumors he thought it would be, i don't know, funny to play along with it" i shrugged "so if anyone ask, we are dating"

"so you guys are... fake dating?"

"basically"

"you are so stupid ivy"

"i know don't yell at me"

"so if anyone ask me, i tell them you guys are dating or would you rather me not say anything"

"umm go ahead and tell em what they want to hear"

"bet." cheld said with huge smile

"we should go" i said.

we walked into school together side by side. i felt invincible in the moment, that was until i saw everyone staring at me. their eyes followed my like i was a piece of meat and they were starving dogs. everyone looked at me and either dropped their jaws or whispered to their friends.

"why would he do that to himself" i heard someone say.

"she's so... mid" i heard another

i headed straight for class and sat in my chair with a slump. i was already wanting to go home.

i heard whispers about me all day and they were all the same.

questioning why the christopher sturniolo would date me. some comments were nicer than others. some i wish i could unhear. but all were genuine.

i tried paying attention to class but nothing even stuck in my brain for more than a second. there was no comprehending anything schoolwork today.

"reminder to all juniors and seniors, prom tickets go on sale this week until february 7th, buy them now for a discounted price before they get raised!"

great a prom announcement. i rolled my eyes at the thought of senior prom. last year i had the worst experience ever and i doubt i'd be going this year.

"hey ivy, you taking you super hot boyfriend to prom?" some random girl asked

"no. i'm not going"

"oh, you should tell him to still come, it's not like we'll miss you"

"haha" i fake laughed

prom.

will i be going?

**********************************************

hey guys thank you for reading... hope you guys enjoys this chapter !!!

sorry about the long wait. thank you all for the kind comments, it truly makes it easier to get back into writing!!! i'll try my best to get the next chapter you but i'm really running out of ideas so there might only be a few left.

leave any comments (what you thought, what could be improved, what you want to happen... ANYTHING)

love you all, have a great day :)))