part 35

it's a day before prom and i got everything ready. a gorgeous dress, bought new makeup, new heels, and i even booked a hair stylist to do my hair.

it has been a couple weeks since i asked chris to prom, i even asked him two more time since, but each time was a no. i've hung out with him multiple times and each time it's starting to feel like he's hating me less and less.  but it's been weeks and he still hasn't said anything about wanting to go to prom. i must admit it hurt, but there was nothing i could do about it. there has been comments on the boys videos about them being excited to see chris all dress up for his "girlfriends" prom, at least i won't be the only one disappointed.

luckily moms friends son was willing to step up and go with me. i've texted him what colors to wear which was simple since i got a black dress, but i think he even got me a corsage.

i hear my phone ring, and i pick it up to see matt calling me.

————————————————————

ivy: hey matt

matt: hey ivy

ivy: what's up?

matt: i was thinking about your prom actually

ivy: oh

matt: and well, i know chris said no but if you still need a date i'll be there for you, i know i should i have said this sooner but i was hoping chris would eventually turn around.

ivy: matt that's so sweet of you, but i actually have a date

matt: who?

ivy: some son of a lady my mom is friends with

matt: sounds fun

ivy: matt

matt: yeah?

ivy: thank you

matt: of course ivy

phone call ends

at least i have a back up to the backup date.

the rest of the day was a blur, chels was getting hyped while i was nervous about meeting my date. was he going to be weird, i really hope he's not. was he going to be short, smell funny, have a deformed elbow!

my mind couldn't stop thinking of all the possible ways my date could be weird. but i knew i had to stop thinking like that, because no matter what the boy was nice enough to go with me.

"IVY" i heard chels yell from downstairs "SOMEONE IS HERE FOR YOU"

i sluggishly make my way downstairs to find a beautiful creature standing by chels. he seemed to be 5'10, curly sun kissed hair, broad shoulders that were muscular and his smile he had when we made eye contact was perfect. it was a familiar face, one i have seen before but i couldn't place a name to the face for the life of me.

"umm hi" i said as i make my way to the boy

"ivy, right?" he asked trying to play it cool

"yep that's me" i nervously replied

"i'll leave you two alone" chels said and walked away to the kitchen

"come on in" i said as i waved him to my room. he followed me without saying anything.

"you excited for tomorrow?" he said when we made it to my room

"huh, what?" i said without even thinking

"for prom?" he laughed lightly

"oh!" i said "yeah, i uh am hoping it goes better than last years"

"what happen last year" the boy ask as he made himself comfortable by laying down on my bed with his hand behind his head

"i got into this terrible fight with a friend, who's not really my friend anymore, it's complicated, but then whole night ended in tears for me and i just don't want to experience that again"

"well ivy, i'll fight anyone who try's to ruin your night"

i laughed at the thought of a guy i don't even know fighting for me.

"i don't think you'll have to defend me tomorrow"

"i don't know ivy, i'm down to fight whoever"

"hate to break your heart, but chels is really my only close friend, and i won't let you even breathe her air, no matter how mad i get at her"

he laughed and we made eye contact which felt strange. there was this feeling in my stomach that told me to run, but it also felt like it was squealing like an excited little girl.

"i feel so bad to ask, but you know how our moms were the messengers and planners, but my mom never told me something really important"

"and what is that?" he asked

"what's your name" i laughed

"oh come on ivy" he said sitting up "you're saying you don't recognize me?"

i didn't say anything, i was supposed to know this boy sitting on my bed? i shook my head no.

"ivy, it's me i'm -"

my mind went blank, i couldn't hear anything, i didn't want to hear anything. the boy my mom set me up with is the one person in this world i never wanted to see again. how could she do this to me. how could i have been to clueless?

my head was spinning, it was hard to breathe.
he was in my room, he was laying on my bed, he was being nice? how could he be the same person.

my mom knew what she was doing.

the boy sitting on my bed was none other than -

*pov ivy passed out LOL*

**********************************************

hey guys thank you for reading... hope you guys enjoys this chapter !!!

sorry about the long wait. thank you all for the kind comments, it truly makes it easier to get back into writing!!! i'll try my best to get the next chapter you but i'm really running out of ideas so there might only be a few left.

leave any comments (what you thought, what could be improved, what you want to happen... ANYTHING)

love you all, have a great day :)))