part 37

chels and i spent all day getting ready for the big day. we got our hair done, mine in a simple updo with strands of hair effortlessly coming out in the perfect way, chels got her hair curled and did a half up half down look. chels did my make and then hers. we both looked perfect.

it was 5 pm and chels had already left to go with a group of friends. i just put on my dress. it was silk black a high slit up the leg. there was lace all along the slit and torso. to me it was the most perfect dress ever

 to me it was the most perfect dress ever

(dress bc i cant describe LOL)

i get a phone call, i look to see that it was chris.

ivy: hello?

chris: is it true

ivy: is what true

chris: that your going to prom with him

ivy: who, shawn, yeah.

chris: why the fuck would you go with him

ivy: well idk, maybe because my fake boyfriend refused to go

chris: so you go with shawn

ivy: i went with who my moms friends son was
ivy: sorry it happened to be shawn, i'll let you know i wasnt a fan myself when i found out

chris: why didn't you tell me

ivy: i didn't think you'd care

chris: k

he hangs up.

i try to forget the phone call and finish up final touches when i heard the doorbell ring.

5:30 pm exactly

"hi" i greet shawn at the door with a smile

"h-"  shawn chocked on his words "wow"

i blush at the one word, it was more how he said it that made me feel good.

"pictures pictures" mom said rushing in the room with her camera. she was adorable the whole time telling us how perfect we looked.

we finished up and headed towards dinner. we had reservations at this fancy restaurant i had never been to. it was italian which was my favorite food. but i made sure to keep it light with alfredo so i wouldn't get too bloated.

the restaurant took longer than expected but after we ate we went to another place to take pictures fast so i'd have something to post on insta. shawn was surprisingly good at taking pictures, we left after 30 minutes.

the time was around 8 when we got to the actual prom venue. they did a great job decorating the place.

shawn and i walked in hold hands as if we've always been a couple. something about being here with him felt right but terrible at the same time. i just couldn't help but feel as if i were betraying chris, but he refused to come.