part 19

"umm yeah of course" my mind was running wild. what did we have to talk about. what if he doesn't want to see me ever again. or worse, what if he likes me.  or...

"ivy. what happened last time... it can't happen again." he said so stern

"yeah i get it, it won't happen again." i agreed

we sat awkwardly in silence for a moment. a moment that felt like an eternity. in that moment i was looking at chris who wasn't looking back at me. i noticed how messy his hair was. and how sharp his jawline was. he looked so peaceful and.. well... perfect. he looked like someone you'd see in a movie.

'fuck. ivy stop thinking like that' i say to myself as i shaking my head and look away from the source of the thoughts.

"it's just, i..." chris started to say

"chris it's okay you don't need to explain. i agree it shouldn't happen again, not unless-"

"no unless or shouldn't bullshit ivy. it can't and will not happen again." chris looked frustrated so i just nodded my head.

there was another awkward silence, but this time i didn't look at chris. i focused on the floor. i concentrated on the carpet. the color, the pattern, the frayed piece, the crumbs. all of it.

"chris?" i asked.

"hmm"

"are you okay?"

"yeah"

we both understood eachother and what we both wanted. there was no need for more talking. i didn't want to leave just in case chris had something else he wanted to say.

with all the awkward tension i could only think of what chels asked me to do. invite the boys to the party. i didn't know how to bring it up or when really. it was running up all my thoughts and it was eating me alive. i guess chris noticed because the next thing i knew i heard a worried voice.

"-vy." i looked over to chris who had his hand on my shoulder slightly shaking me.

"hmm"

"ivy you looked...sad, scared, i-i-i don't know it was freaking me out. tell me what your thinking"

"it's nothing chris. i'm fine"

"mhm and i'm nick sturniolo, tell me"

i shook my head and a smile appeared on my face

"come on ivy tell me" chris said whiled giving me a little shove.

"it's just... scooters his, party." i tried to make it sound casual "chels wanted me to invite you guys, she was pretty pissed at me for almost missing it"

chris got a confused look in his face from the last part

"long story" i shot back

"so will you umm come" i asked as nicely as i could.

chris gritted his teeth "i don't ivy, a random girl i barley know wants me go to some random party" he grinned a little "it would be a lot better if someone else wanted me there." he gave me a wink.

i assume the random girl was chels.

"who said i didn't want you there" i smirked "if i didn't ... i wouldn't have asked"

i never noticed how close chris and i got. we were practically leaving no space inbetween us. our legs were laying against eachother and we were both leaning into eachother.

with a moment of silent we both realized we were uncomfortably close to eachother, but before we could find our ways back to our side of the couch the door swung open with nick and matt both running in.