Chapter 20 - Test Your Skills

Jack closed the scanning page. Suddenly, a car drove over from a distance.

Seeing this, Jack walked straight into the alley. He had already been observing it. The alley was dark, the lights were very dim, and there were no cameras. The darkness was his best cover. In this place, the other party could not even see his face clearly.

Creak!

The sound of a car’s emergency brake rang out. Four young men got out of the car. They looked to be in their twenties. They were bald, had scars, and even had tattoos on their faces. They looked fierce.

Kelly saw Jack walking into the alley and immediately ran in front of him to stop him. She shouted, “Ralph! Hurry, he’s running!”

The four of them rushed into the alley and surrounded Jack.

Then, they took out a folding knife from their pocket.

“You still want to run?”

“I’ll cripple you tonight!”

“Is Miss Kelly someone you can easily offend?”

“What are you talking about? Just attack him!” Kelly yelled.

The corners of Jack’s mouth curled up slightly. He glanced at the four of them coldly. The leader, Ralph, had a combat value of 35 (maximum value of 40). The other three were at around 30.

His combat value was 50.

This was not something that four people combined could match up to him.

Even if it was four against one, the result would not be any different.

“Ralph, give him two scars and let him bleed a little, but don’t kill him!” Kelly reminded him.

Jack leaned up against the wall of the alley. He took a step back. He would not leave his back exposed to the enemy.

Then, he held a sharp dagger in his hand.

His whole body seemed to blend into the darkness of the alley.

He was like an experienced hunter waiting for his prey.

The leader, Ralph, cursed and stabbed at Jack’s thigh with his knife!

The prey was coming!

Jack slightly squatted down.

Swoosh!

A flash of knife light!

There was a scream of pain.

Then, a ghost appeared in the darkness and attacked them from left and right. After a few flashes of the knife, all four of them fell to the ground, groaning in pain.

Jack put away his dagger and looked at them coldly.

“Impossible! How is this possible?” Kelly was in disbelief. It was over before she could react.

“Ralph?”

Ralph pulled back with one leg, his face covered in cold sweat.

“Too fast! This guy has practiced with knives before!” Ralph hissed. “It hurts so much!”

The four of them fell to the ground almost instantly. No one could explain or understand what was going on, but they realized that they were faced with a different kind of opponent.