Chapter 53 - Death Notice in Blood

Jack, who had been working all night, didn’t wake up until late that night.

There were several more news notifications on his phone.

One of them was about the homeless man again.

But this time, it wasn’t declared as torture—it was stated to have been murder!

“The body of a homeless man whose blood has been drained has appeared in the hotel. Multiple organs have been lost!”

Jack casually clicked on the news. There were also a few graphic photos.

Even though the photos were blurred, Jack could still smell the blood and feel the miserable state of the homeless man’s death from the photos.

He flipped through a few photos.

“Huh?”

Jack frowned. He noticed that there was a scar on the part of the homeless man’s body, and it was very similar to the scar on the body of the homeless man who was reported to have been abused by the homeless man just the previous day.

He looked at the news release again.

“Loss of Multiple Organs.”

The homeless man that no one paid attention to.

His body’s blood was drained.

There were many needle marks.

There were many small but deep wounds on the body.

The wounds were neat.

There were penetrating wounds.

“Penetrating wounds?” Jack said in a low voice.

He recalled the woman’s red high heels in the incident of the homeless man’s abuse. Was it a coincidence? Could it be more than that?

Jack’s gaze gradually turned cold, with a hint of excitement in it.

A day later, the New York police’s investigation wasn’t making any significant progress. There was no case of a missing homeless man reported in the entire New York City, and no one would care about the disappearance of a homeless man. Some experts speculated that the homeless man could not stand his miserable life and decided to commit suicide in a hotel. However, this speculation was immediately attacked crazily. No one could stand the idea of a homeless man pulling out all his organs and draining his own blood. The investigation fell into a fog.

At this time, on the side of Task Force Zero, all the members put down all their honor and pride and started over. From zero, they were ready to fight the Death Inquisitor to the end.

After two days, all the content and news about the Death Inquisitor, the live broadcast of the death, and so on were all deleted from the Internet. Some people would post about it one minute, and the next minute, they would be deleted.

Under the joint attack of Task Force Zero and the higher-ups, the news about the Death Inquisitor began to fade from online platforms.

However, this could not stop people’s enthusiasm. Although there was no news about the Death Inquisitor on the public platform, the Death Inquisitor was still the most discussed topic in private group chats.