Chapter 37 - The Terrifying Wait

At this moment, another person’s cell phone suddenly rang.

Beep beep beep.

After everyone heard the notification sound, the room suddenly became quiet. It was so quiet that everyone’s breathing and heartbeats had become audible. No one dared to speak, and no one dared to take out their cell phones to read their messages.

Everyone wore frozen expressions on their faces.

Finally, after the silence, someone could not hold it in anymore. He took out his phone and looked at the messages.

“Death Notice!”

“What? What did you receive?”

“What did you receive?”

“I. . . Death Notice.”

“Me too!”

“Me too!”

“F*ck! Are We being targeted?”

“Could someone be pranking us? Didn’t they say that the Death Notice was a card? Why has the Death Judge suddenly started texting?”

“Yeah, it must be fake. Someone must be messing with us!”

“Once I found out who it is, I’ll definitely kill him!”

Despite saying that, they were still very nervous, afraid, and terrified.

Marcellus, who had been silent the entire time, had a dark expression on his face. He looked extremely ugly as he slammed his phone onto the table.

He had received a short eye-catching message:

Death Notice!

Subject: Marcellus

Crimes: drug trafficking, kidnapping, detention, rape, murder

Execution Date: April 21, 2021

Executor: Death Judge

Marcellus glanced at it coldly and snorted disdainfully.

“Those who are not afraid of death, feel free to come.”

It was seven in the morning.

The Empire State Building started to become noisy.

Groups of white-collar workers swarmed in. Everyone greeted and chatted with each other. They were all in a good mood.

“Hey, did you watch the death broadcast yesterday?”

“I had to watch it. I can watch anything now, but I just have to watch the death broadcast!”

“Me too! But my girlfriend doesn’t dare to watch it. She says it’s too scary and too bloody, but last night’s episode scared me so much that my heart hurt!”

Everyone was talking about the broadcast. They were all very excited about it.

Jack listened to them for a while and sat there with a normal expression, as if this had nothing to do with him. Then, he yawned lazily.

Soon, his colleagues came. After a short conversation with them, Jack left.

“Hey, handsome!” Jack frowned. It was Ayesha’s voice.