Chapter 36 - Choosing the Target

“Yes!”

Anthony gritted his teeth. He did not blame the chief. He only blamed himself. He had made a wrong step. He did not expect that a small school bullying case would end his career. His nose was sore, and he felt a trace of sadness.

“Go!” Terrence waved his hand. There was also a trace of sadness and heartache in the depths of his heart. Anthony and Ross were his right-hand men, but the negative impact of this matter was too great. The media and the public were watching. Someone had to take the blame. Someone had to be the victim of this incident.

Sighing, Terrence got up and headed to Task Force Zero. He had placed all his hopes on them.

Seeing Terrence arrive, Ross and the others who were discussing the case got up.

Terrence looked at everyone with a tired face and said, “All right. Sit down. I only want the results now. Tell me, how is it going?”

This was the first time Ross had seen Terrence look so haggard and exhausted. He looked as if he had suddenly aged by more than ten years. He deeply understood that the death broadcast case had already weighed down the entire situation.

“We found out that one of the sentenced persons was found in the classroom this morning with a death notice. From the live broadcasts, we know that the Death Judge will send a death notice to all the sentenced people before the live broadcast. This is the first point! The second point is that the Death Judge is a super hacker. We have organized two attacks on the death broadcast room by the top hackers in the country, but both of them failed. We think that we can start again with the top hackers from the past few years. The third point, which we still haven’t completely figured out, is the live broadcast itself. The Death Judge seems to have a very superb live broadcast method. He can switch between different angles and cameras to achieve a perfect live broadcast. Such a method is rare in the industry, and it is also a breakthrough. The fourth point is the scene of death. There are many suspicious points. According to our investigation, there is a certain difference between the scene of death last time and the scene in the last live broadcast. I once thought that the scene of death we found was not the first scene of death, but the clues from the trace detection at the scene do not support this claim. Therefore, I have a bold assumption. The Death Judge made a set for the livestreams, but he would remove and clean up the set after killing the suspects. If this is the case, then there must have been a truck passing by the scene of the crime during that period of time. This is also a breakthrough. Fifth, the money sent to him after the broadcast could not have evaporated. At first, we traced the funds that matched the amount of the money during this period, but there was no result. We suspected that it was transferred in batches, so we expanded the scope. During this period, those with funds were included in the scope of the investigation. In addition to those, we were thinking that if we continue to passively investigate, we might as well take the initiative to attack. The police will provide protection to those who receive death notices and seize the opportunity to capture the Death Inquisitor!”

After Terrence heard this, he nodded his head in satisfaction.

He had a feeling that the Death Inquisitor was about to expose himself.

The Empire State Building became less noisy in the second half of the night.

Only a few tall women with heavy makeup were left walking in and out.

Needless to say, these women were all working in the nearby hotel.

According to his colleagues, he needed 800 RMB for fast food and 5,000 RMB for an overnight stay.