Chapter 9: The Chance to Finally Explore, the Mold's Growth

Y/N POV

Again, I slowly came too and this time I found myself staring up directly at the ceiling of the large main room. For a moment my mind was blank, I couldn't remember how I got here. However soon the memories came flooding back and my eyes widened.

I instantly sat upright and placed a hand on my head saying "Oh god, Ethan!" I tried warning him to leave but he just wouldn't listen and in the end Eveline's 'gift' had consumed me, forcing me to attack him. Thankfully, he had managed to slip away, hopefully that demonstration would be enough to make him leave. What the hell was he even doing out here anyway?!

I remembered him saying something about Mia sending him a message telling him to come and save us or something like that. I was completely unaware of when or how she did this. In fact I hadn't seen Mia at all in a while. It was important that I find both her and Ethan as soon as possible. Ensure the former is okay and make sure the latter gets out of here safely. This house was a complete death-trap and I didn't know how Ethan would fare.

Trying to get back up, I winced as pain shot through me. Looking down, I saw a number of slashes and gunshot wounds on my body and a single bullet-hole in my left leg. Like I'd said before, any normal human would have died yet thanks to Eveline's gift, I was able to survive. It didn't mean I wasn't in pain though.

Eventually I was able to slowly get to my feet and looked around at my surroundings, thinking of where would be best to head next, by this point I was already familiar with the general layout of the main house, however there were still hidden passages here and there that I had yet to discover and interestingly enough, it seems Ethan may have found one.

In a small room off shooting from the main hall was a pedestal with a strange wood carving placed on top of it. Directly in front it appeared there was now a small alcove that presumably would usually be hidden away.

I figured that would have to be my best bet so I headed towards it and squeezed my way through the narrow passage. Soon I made it out of the other end and sure enough, I found myself in another area of the house that I hadn't seen before. 

Naturally I entered this new area and began exploring. It appeared to another sizable room with various doors leading out of it, a stuffed deer stood in the centre with a mounted head above the fireplace. 

I went to the door that was closest to me, this lead me to a room with a table. I began looking for anything I could use and it was at this point that I noticed a green bottle on one of the shelves at the back of the room.

Picking the bottle up, I analysed it for a moment, it appeared to be some form of First-Aid Medicine. I was still in pain from my encounter with Ethan so this bottle was certainly a welcome sight.

Image of a First-Aid Med:

I raised an eyebrow though and asked "Okay, how do I apply this though?" I looked for instructions however the label was too faded and worn to make anything out aside from the green cross on the front of it

I raised an eyebrow though and asked "Okay, how do I apply this though?" I looked for instructions however the label was too faded and worn to make anything out aside from the green cross on the front of it. I had no idea how long this bottle had been here for.