Chapter 15: Mia Located!

A flamethrower! Perfect! Having one of those available would certainly prove useful against those insect swarms. After testing our makeshift weapon out, making sure it worked, me and Ethan left the small outhouse-like building and ventured back inside.

For now, I held onto the flamethrower as we went back through the house. This time as soon as we saw a cocoon, I just grinned slightly and raised the flamethrower. Pulling on the grip, a stream of fire shot out, setting the gross cocoon alight, several swarms of insects rushed out and attempted to attack us, this effort proved pointless though as I just moved the fire flow and toasted them. Once they were all gone, I shut off the flamethrower and grinned saying "This certainly makes things easier."

Backtracking through the house, we continued to torch each hive or swarm we came across finally we arrived in the room just off the entrance area. The one I'd attempted to come through when I first arrived, only to be chased away by a swarm of bugs. This time though, things would be different.

With the flamethrower, Ethan stepped back while I shot fire, torching the cocoons one after the other. Swarms of insects tried rushing us only to be met with that same fire, it didn't take us long to dismantle all the hives in the room and it was here that we found something of particular interest.

One of the cocoons in particular seemed to have been covering a small passage of sorts. Now that the cocoon had been burnt away, this passage was completely exposed. Glancing at Ethan we both just shared a nod and ducked down, crawling into the passage.

For some reason, this small square-shaped crawlspace lead out onto a corridor, hidden from the rest of the house, it was a short corridor with about two steps heading down and a door at the other end, naturally that's where we headed.

Reaching the door we opened it and now found ourselves in another small storage room. At first it seemed like a pointless dead-end with nothing of value. However we heard the sound of another door opening followed by rustling of a metal fence and an all too familiar voice saying "Ethan. Y/N!" In a whispered tone.

Turning around, I was surprised when I saw MIA standing behind a metal fence that separated us, she seemed to be in another area of the house, with two doors behind her. Her hands clutched at the wire in front of her as she got close to it.

I exclaimed "Mia?! Are you alright?" Ethan however snapped "No more bullshit Mia, I want some answers!" Turning to me he added "And that applies to you as well Y/N!" Mia began speaking "I know, I know, you're right and I always wanted to tell you. But, I can only remember a little and the rest is just gone-!"

She was cut off abruptly when a man appeared behind her and grabbed her into a headlock! I recognized the man as Lucas Baker, probably the most suspicious of the Baker family, even before everything went wrong his name still made me uneasy for a reason I don't remember, thankfully he was the Baker I'd had the least interaction with thus far. Until now.

Image of Lucas Baker:

As Mia struggled to escape his grasp, Lucas just looked at us and commented in his typical insane, sadistic tone "Daddy right?!" Turning to me he added "And 'uncle' glad you aren't hiding all the time now!" Looking at us both, he asked "Mind if I ...

As Mia struggled to escape his grasp, Lucas just looked at us and commented in his typical insane, sadistic tone "Daddy right?!" Turning to me he added "And 'uncle' glad you aren't hiding all the time now!" Looking at us both, he asked "Mind if I borrow mummy for a little bit?"

Stepping back, he pulled Mia towards one of the doors, she continued to try and escape his grip. As he got to the door he snapped "Don't just stand there! Do something!" Mia screamed "Ethan, Y/N! Help!" With that the door slammed and both Mia and Lucas were gone to who knows where!

Ethan stepped up to the metal fence and muttered "Damn it!" Turning to me he abruptly said "Okay Y/N, you owe me an explanation, what the HELL is going on here. What's that guy's deal?! Where's he taking Mia?!" At this point he was yelling right in my face.

I stepped back yelling "How should I know where he's taken her?!" I calmed down, looking at the floor sadly before continuing "Ethan, I can only remember fragments. Three years ago Mia wrote a note, talking about this 'serum' aside from that it's all gone! I have no memory of anything leading up as to how we got here!"

My mind was having trouble focussing. Usually I was quite level-headed and calm, but with everything that had happened over the last three years, combined with the fact I couldn't even remember how I'd got here. I was on the verge of breaking down.

Placing a hand on the side of my head I looked around the room before noticing something on the table, a strange stone statuette that I couldn't really describe the shape of it. Regardless I picked the object up and analysed it for a moment.

Image of the Stone Statuette:

Turning to Ethan, I held the statue out to him and instructed "Ethan, I need you to take this and head on alone for a second

Turning to Ethan, I held the statue out to him and instructed "Ethan, I need you to take this and head on alone for a second." Ethan looked at me surprised and exclaimed "What why?!" I continued to hold a hand to my head as I said "I won't be long, I just need a moment to collect my baring's. Please just go, we can't waste any time on my part."

Ethan glanced at me asking "Are you sure?" I nodded and said "Don't worry, I'll be right behind you. I just need to think for a second." He took the statuette and next I held the flamethrower out to him saying "You'll need this as well. Please take it."

Ethan nodded and took the flamethrower. He said "Just don't take too long. I might need you later down the line." I replied "I won't. Good luck Ethan, remember, if you see anything hostile, don't hesitate to fight back."

With that Ethan headed through the door and back into the old house proper. I just leaned against the wall and slumped down until I was in a sitting position. I placed my head in my hands and just fell silent.

Little did I know, while I wouldn't be like this for long, as I would come to leave I would come across an obstacle that would be particularly tricky to overcome...

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter, I really hope you liked it. The next one will hopefully be interesting so I hope you like that as well and as always, thank you for reading.