Chapter 24: Mia and Zoe Rescued, the Serum Created!

Y/N POV

For a while, I just stayed in that room, staring at the different monitors broadcasting different areas of the house. I watched as Ethan  solved Lucas' puzzle, I had no idea where he was but I was relieved to notice that he was grasping what needed to be done.

I watched as he took an explosive, clearly left by Lucas to kill him however Ethan was able to survive by prying a loose piece of wood from the wall and slipping it to a narrow crack. I got an answer to where he was when a sudden explosion right in the corridor I'd just come down!

The loud noise startled me and caused me to turn around! The door to the room had been blown open and I could see smoke and fire in the corridor behind me. Lucas could be heard screaming over the speakers "That was supposed to be for you, GOD DAMN IT!" Seems even when running away, he was still broadcasting to us.

Shortly after this, I heard the sound of coughing and footsteps as out of the smoke, Ethan rounded the corner from the opposite side he'd come down. Apparently, the room he was in was right near the room I'd confronted Lucas in, separated by a thin wall.

Upon noticing me he sighed in relief and exclaimed "Y/N you made it!" I nodded and said "So did you, seems we both had to put up with a few irritating games." Ethan instantly asked "Where's Lucas, and the D-Series? Do you have it?"

Again, I nodded, holding up the D-Series head and saying "Got it right here. As for Lucas, scurried away like a snivelling rat after our little conversation. I know where Mia and Zoe are though." I gestured towards the screen showing the pair.

Ethan stepped towards it saying "Mia? Mia. Mia!" Too my surprise, we heard Zoe weakly reply "She's alive." Ethan replied "Who are you, where are you?" Zoe replied "We're just beyond the pier outside that room. Hurry."

The screen flickered for a moment and the image of them both was soon replaced with that of a grinning Lucas as he said "Well now, boys!" Ethan asked "The hell do you want?!" Lucas grinned even more replying "You two DEAD! I don't care about Evie's wish Y/N! But I guess that's not in the cards. Not yet."

Ethan replied "Lucky me. Look unless you have more surprises up your sleeve, I suggest you-." Lucas cut him off by chuckling "Ohohoho... Now that would be tellin' Ethan and I don't do spoilers." With that the feed cut out and the screen went black.

I spoke up "Come on, we've got to rescue Mia and Zoe." Ethan turned me and said "Wait, Y/N, you're injured. Did that bastard do this?" I chuckled a bit, still somewhat in pain as I replied "No, but his toys did. Don't worry about me."

Ethan replied "Save it. I've got some of that first-aid medicine here." He reached into his pocket and held out a bottle the medicine. This one was a slightly larger bottle and if I'm not mistaken it was an extra-strong version, just what I needed.

Image of the Strong First-Aid Medicine:

Nodding my head in thanks, I opened up the bottle and began applying the fluid first to my two stab wounds from the spikes

Nodding my head in thanks, I opened up the bottle and began applying the fluid first to my two stab wounds from the spikes. Ethan commented "I was just pouring it on my hand, it seemed to heal my injuries no matter where they were."