Chapter 31: The BSAA's Arrival!

Y/N POV

"I need you to do something for me."

As me and Mia approached, instead of elaborating on her statement, Eveline vanished, leaving us to turn our attention to the trapped Ethan. We approached him, with Mia calling out "Ethan..." Before we could reach him though Eveline reappeared, a grin spread across her face, she stepped back slowly towards Ethan.

Mia warned "Eveline, stay away from him." Eveline raised an eyebrow, still grinning as she replied "Why? He doesn't love you. I can make him love you." She raised her hand lightly which caused Mia to plead "Don't, don't hurt him!"

Eveline chuckled "Silly, I'm not going to hurt him." She didn't lower her hand though, in fact she raised it up closer to Ethan's face. Mia snapped "Don't you dare!" I tried reasoning "Eveline, stop this now, you've caused enough pain already."

Eveline's grin became even wider as she retorted "Or what? You're not my mummy, remember?" Pointing to me, she added "And he's not my uncle." I growled and snapped "Step away from him kid! I warn you." This only made Eveline giggle before vanishing.

As soon as I was gone, a familiar feeling returned to me, one I thought was completely gone. Eveline attempting to re-infect me and Mia with her gift, I could tell she'd realized this as well. The serum Zoe had cooked up proved to be allowing us to resist, but for how long?

Both me and Mia ran over to Ethan and instantly began pulling at the Mold that held his body in place, starting with that around his head. It broke away quite easily and as soon as we'd completely released his face, his eyes snapped open and he let out a gasp for air. 

He fell forward into our arms, we caught him and kept him on his feet before Mia abruptly started pushing him towards a door leading out of the room. I knew what she was doing, Ethan had managed to not be under Eveline's control, it was up to him to put a stop to her and end this nightmare for good! I had hoped I'd be able to escape, find a way to mass-produce the serum, prevent another incident like this. But it seemed now that would never happen.

Ethan asked confused, "Mia? Y/N? How?" Mia instantly began crying and said "There's not time. You have to get out of here and find her. Here take this." Reaching around into her back pocket she revealed a strange vial which she handed to Ethan.

I stepped forward "I think you'll be needing this." I held out the machine gun to him. I knew it would do him more good than it would me. He took both items before Mia suddenly shoved him through the door.

Ethan exclaimed "Wait, wait, what are you doing?!" Mia replied weakly "Saving your life." I noticed Mold in the room began growing as Eveline's mental grip grew somewhat tighter. Mia begged "You need to go, I won't be able to resist for much longer." I stepped forward, getting one last look at Ethan through the glass before saying "Goodbye Ethan." Mia added "Now go kill that little bitch."

The Mold completely engulfed the room, Ethan's calls became completely muffled on the other end before eventually ceasing. I turned to Mia and finally asked "So, what was that syringe you gave Ethan?" Mia kept facing the sealed door before saying "The last chance to stop Eveline."

I slumped down against a nearby wall and replied "I see." I felt a tiredness begin to overpower me, Mold was building up around me. I tried fighting it to the best of my ability to resist, however soon I was completely outdone and darkness consumed me...

Timeskip...

I don't know how long I was out for, all I know is that Mia had also passed out and the Mold had begun to grow around our body, creating a grotesque black webbing. I was awoken to the sound of something cutting through the door.