Chapter 82: You Cannot Prevent the Inevitable

Donna POV

I had moved one of my chairs near to one of the windows and just sat. While my view of the village was blocked by the rock valley isolating me from the world, I could still see just beyond the fog, far off in the distance, Heisenberg's factory. Normally I wouldn't pay it any attention. However when it suddenly exploded into flames, my attention was piqued and I'd just sat in the window, watching the glow of the fire through the mist and now-dark night sky.

Y/N and Ethan must have done it. It had taken hours, but I assume they'd somehow managed to get around both Moreau and Heisenberg as well. Based off the explosion, it seems Heisenberg had put up quite the fight, I just hope Y/N had made it.

I still didn't understand why I cared for Y/N so much. Perhaps the fact he'd shown me mercy. Mercy I'm unsure if I actually deserved. And yet he showed it anyway. If all went well, he would have all flasks by now and it was clear, once they had the child back, they would be gone.

I thought about Y/N's offer. I'd never once considered leaving this village. What was there out there? What life could I live if I left this place? Was it worth it? There were so many questions, I didn't even know if an opportunity like this would come up again.

A knock on the door had snapped me from my thoughts, I tensed up. Only three people had ever come out here in all my time living here. Ethan Winters, Y/N and Mother Miranda. With caution, I stood up from the chair, descended the stairs and approached the double wooden doors.

As I swung them open, I heard a voice that caused me to freeze up. "Hello Donna, it's been a while since I last paid you a visit hasn't it?" Before I could respond or have Angie do it for me, she stepped into my house as the doors slammed shut again behind her.

Timeskip...

Y/N POV

My head felt especially heavy, even more-so than when I'd been knocked unconscious in the past. I knew it had something to do with Miranda. The last thing I remembered was being surrounded in a cocoon of black feathers after she-, she-.

I gasped out "Ethan!" As my eyes shot open. She'd killed him, quite literally RIPPED HIS HEART OUT! Without a second thought or a moments hesitation! That bitch! First Mia, then Ethan. She was going to PAY! Once I'd found out where I was.

The first sight I got when my eyes opened was of a familiar ceiling.  Slowly sitting up, I was surprised when I found myself sitting on the floor in the living area of House Beneviento. The room that had all the dolls in it just off the entrance hall.

I didn't have time to collect my thoughts, figure out how I'd wound up here when I heard a voice that made my anger go through the roof. It held that same cold authoritative tone, as if she was talking to a child. "Good, I was beginning to wonder if you'd ever wake up.

Turning around to the voice's source, my anger briefly turned to shock when in fact Miranda was stood where the circular table in the centre of the room had once been. In front of her, sat on the only remaining chair from said table was Donna, her expression was unknown due to the veil covering her face. Angie was completely motionless on her lap, as you'd expect from a doll.

I snapped "Step away from her Miranda!" Miranda just glared down at me, not a hint of anything else as she said "All in good time. For now though, I believe with Ethan Winters gone, we can finally have our long awaited discussion.

My eyes narrowed, my brief shock being replaced once more by anger as I snapped out "What is it?! What the hell do you want?!" My tone was impatient and angry. I didn't really care what this was about, I just wanted the closure. Why Dimitrescu and Moreau didn't just kill me when they both had the chance.