Chapter 50: The Fall of Lady Alcina Dimitrescu

Y/N POV

The final mask was ours, with that there was no need for us to remain on the castle ramparts. This, along with the other three we'd already collected between the two of us would allow us to gain access to that door in the main hall, a door which hopefully lead to an exit.

From the small chamber with the statue, we found a hatch with a ladder, dropping that down we were able to descend down a level. Here we found a lift, it was already at this level so all we needed to do was push the button and the door opened.

Stepping in, it seemed the lift was at its highest level so we pushed the button to head down instead. The ride was silent between us and as the lift reached the bottom, we found ourselves back at the lift I'd tried using when me and Ethan first arrived at the castle hours ago. Only it didn't work then.

Stepping out into that entrance area, we saw that the door we'd first entered the castle through was locked with metal bars covering it. Looking towards the portrait of Bela, Cassandra and Daniela, I shuddered this time, now knowing their true nature.

We crossed the entrance room and reached the same door we'd gone through before, leading back towards the main hall. As we opened the door though and made our way down the corridor, we heard the sound of heavy footsteps approaching.

My eyes widened when up ahead, Lady Dimitrescu climbed the stairs. Upon seeing us, she brandished the claws on her right hand and yelled "Stupid menthings! You won't live long, even if you run!"

I knew we'd be unable to slip past her in such a narrow corridor however I noticed the door that lead into the upper area of the hall. Tugging on Ethan's sleeve, I directed him to the door, saying "Through here!" As Lady Dimitrescu approached, we ran through the door.

We quickly ran down to where the four pedestals were, sure enough, Ethan had placed an additional mask on one of them. So all that was needed was to place the mask we'd found on the ramparts in the remaining slot.

As the mask clicked in place, I noticed that the door that initially held the plaque on it, slowly began to crank open, revealing what I could only hope was our exit. Turning around, we saw Lady Dimitrescu descending the stairs.

Ethan instructed "Quick let's go!" I didn't need to be told twice, I just followed after him as we rushed through that door and pushed the one behind it open. We found ourselves on a stone walkway extending out to another tower in the castle.

We pushed the door to the tower open only to be greeted with what seemed to be a chapel of sorts. Several pews lined the long room and at the far end was a vampiric looking coffin which certainly fit the theme of the castle as a whole.

Aside from that, it seemed to be a dead end. I muttered "Crap! We're trapped!" Ethan raised a hand up, saying "Wait, we should check in here." He pointed towards the coffin which bore the same logo we'd seen all across castle Dimitrescu.

Letting out a sigh, I reluctantly approached the coffin as both me and Ethan pushed the lid off the coffin. Inside, we found a skeleton, presumably there for years. In his hands was a rather antique-looking knife.

Ethan picked it up, commenting "I found this note before, talking about a poisoned knife that could actually hurt that Dimitrescu bitch. Do you think this is it?" I was about to answer when suddenly, I was struck by a powerful punch that knocked me to the floor.

Looking up, I saw an enraged Lady Dimitrescu stood directly behind Ethan. She picked him up and yelled "You've ruined everything!" She thrust her claws forward, stabbing Ethan in the lower torso, oddly enough he didn't seem all that bothered, another concerning detail.