Chapter 32: The Reunion

Y/N POV

Timeskip...

I don't know how long it had been exactly since the BSAA had rescued myself, Mia and Ethan from Eveline. It had to have been a month at most, I wasn't sure. While Ethan and Mia both were taken away, I stayed for my own personal reasons.

Chris Redfield had protested, assuring me my concern was dealt with. However I insisted, I offered what scientific knowledge I had in exchange, helping the scientists of that 'Umbrella' in studying the Mold, letting them know what I already did. Ultimately though, I stayed purely because I felt this was the ideal place begin my development of the serum.

The BSAA had been generous to provide the arm of a Molded they'd killed, severing the limb before killing it. This provided me with several tissue samples that I could use. They still hadn't told me what they were doing here, but I didn't pry, instead I just stayed to my work.

I doubted I'd be able to create another D-Series, however by studying the tissue samples within the Molded arm I'd been brought, I'd perhaps be able to create an effective vaccine or antidote, preventing another incident like this from ever occurring again.

One day in particularly, while I was analysing the arm as it rested on a pedestal, I heard the sound of footsteps, turning around I saw Chris standing behind me, his helmet tucked up her right arm and a smile spread across his face. He simply said "We found her."

Knowing exactly what he meant, I couldn't help but smile as well. Not long after my injuries had recovered and I was back on my feet again, me and Ethan had told Chris about Zoe, how she was still trapped in the Baker's home, he said he'd do his best and now it seemed he had managed to full through.

I followed Chris, out of the tent I'd been using at my makeshift laboratory through the BSAA's encampment here before finally arriving at a much larger tent that I knew was being used as a medical bay.

Upon entering, my eyes instantly saw her, sat upright on one of the hospital beds. An elderly man was sat across from her. Me and Chris approached the pair with Chris saying "Sorry to keep bothering you both, there's someone else who wanted to speak to you."

Zoe turned her attention towards me and her eyes widened in shock she simply gasped out "Y/N..." I replied "Zoe." I walked over to her bed sat down and too my surprise she threw her arms in a hug.

I was caught off guard at first as she said into my shoulder "You came back. Just like you promised." I eventually managed to return the hug. Chris calmly said "I'll leave you two to it." Before walking out of the tent.

I replied "I never left, it's a long story but when the BSAA showed up, I stayed behind. I couldn't move on knowing you'd been left behind." We broke away from one another as Zoe commented "Yeah, spoke to Ethan, he said you'd been quite persistent in convincin' that Chris guy to come find me."

Raising an eyebrow I asked "Really? You spoke to Ethan?" She nodded, replying "Yeah, he rang up about an hour ago. I'm not sure how long it was exactly. Lost track of time its been that long." We shared a laugh before a voice asked "This guy a friend of yours Zoe?"

We turned to the opposite bed where an elderly man sat, despite his age, he looked surprisingly well-built and held a stern manner, even so he looked to be a kind person. But not someone you'd want to underestimate.

Zoe introduced "Oh, right. Uncle Joe, this is Y/N, he and his sister were some of the first people trapped in that house. We met about three years ago, since then he's been the closest person to a friend I've had." I looked at her and smiled sadly, knowing what she'd been through.

The older man looked at me and said "Really?" He extended a hand out towards me and said "Joe Baker, Zoe's uncle. Jack was my brother." I took his hand and said "It's nice to meet you sir." Joe nodded and said "Likewise, I appreciate you bein' there for Zoe durin' this tough time."

Image of Joe Baker:

There was silence for a moment before he apologized "I'm sorry for the trouble my family's caused you

There was silence for a moment before he apologized "I'm sorry for the trouble my family's caused you." I began shaking my head before saying "Please, it wasn't their fault. Besides, if it wasn't for Jack, me and my sister would have been at the bottom of the swamp dead three years ago."

I felt bad for the fate that befell the Bakers, even if during those three years, I'd grown to despise the hell Jack and Marguerite put me through, I knew that it wasn't really them. I was unsure about Lucas, there was a side to him I never fully understood. 

My thought process was cut off when Zoe asked "So, what now?" I shrugged and said "I don't know. Chris never told me what he was doing so I don't know how much longer we'll be here. After that, I suppose we just have to go on with our lives as best we can."

I didn't know how I'd be able to do that, the events that had transpired at the Baker homestead would always plague my mind for as long as I lived. My own involvement in the ordeal would also weigh heavily on me.

I suppose I should just be relieved myself, Mia, Ethan and now Zoe all got through it. Like I'd said before, I was never going back to the Connections, not after this. In fact, during the time since my rescue, that Umbrella had been helpful in my research, perhaps I'd offer my services to them.

Eveline may have finally been exterminated, the Bakers had been put out of their misery, being too far-gone to save, Ethan, Mia and Zoe had all survived. Then and there it felt like the whole ordeal was finally over.

What I didn't know was that while one nightmare had ended, one more was still to come...

Author's Note: And that's it for not only this chapter but also the Resident Evil 7 segment of this story. I really hope you've enjoyed the book so far. I'd like to thank all of you who've been reading, voting and commenting, its all been greatly appreciated. Now I'm going to do an author's note after this that will go into a few changes Y/N will have between 7 and Village and I also want to get the summary for another book I have planned uploaded. On Monday at the earliest, I'll be right back to work on the Village segment, I hope you continue to enjoy the story and as always, thank you for reading.