Chapter 30: Fixing the Lift and Finding Ethan

Y/N POV

With the P19 machine gun in my possession, I wasted no time leaving the fourth floor, heading back to the lift, as I was going through that control room though, I found a Molded which had emerged from the ground behind one of the consoles.

This was the perfect opportunity to use the machine gun, thankfully I also had a few rounds of ammo as well that I'd acquired before the gun itself. I wasted no time opening fire, rapid rounds hitting the Molded all over its body.

I fired in short bursts and it only took about two for the Molded to be put down which caused me to look at the machine gun with a grin and say "Ah, this evens the odds a bit." I stepped over the disintegrated Molded and resumed towards the lift.

Once I'd arrived I dropped onto the roof of the lift, I peered through the hatch and noticed that the fuse was already in its place, Mia must have already found that. I was about to drop down when I began to hear gunshots from the third floor corridor behind me.

Considering Mia was the only living person in this area of the ship and Ethan was presumably trapped in some form of Mold cocoon, I knew what it was, closing the hatch, I turned and climbed back up onto the third floor.

Thanks to my memory being back now completely, I remembered my way around the ship, the gunshots appeared to be coming from the sick bay. I ran as quick as I could, another Molded briefly blocked my path however once again, I raised my machine gun and peppered the B.O.W monster with bullets until just like the one I'd found in the control room, it fell to the ground and dissolved into the Mold on the floor.

Reaching the sick bay, I  bashed the door down, the gunfire was much louder now and eventually I was able to track it down. Sure enough, just as I'd thought, I found Mia, cornered by a particularly bulky Molded, she fired a series of handgun rounds at it however it didn't even flinch, I knew machine gun rounds would have a similar result. There was still something though.

I reached around for my 44, only one round left. However I felt this was necessary for the situation. I lifted the gun and instantly fired the last round into the Molded's head! This was enough to cause it to stagger forward before both it and Mia turned to face me. The latter exclaimed "Y/N!" The former let out an enraged growl at me.

Putting the 44 Mag back, I swapped to the Machine gun and said "Mia get down!" She ducked out of the way. I instantly pulled the trigger and unloaded the entire clip into the larger Molded, it appeared, its size proved to make it more durable as well. Once the clip ran out, I paused and just stared at the Molded.

It stepped forward slowly, gurgling, I reloaded my weapon in preparation to open fire again. However that ended up not being necessary. As with one last gurgle, it fell face-first to the floor with a light thud.

As soon as it had disappeared, I looked up to Mia and asked "You alright?" She nodded and said "I'm okay. I think I've found the things we need to fix that lift." I said "I saw you'd got the fuse already, good work. What about the cord?"

Mia pointed and said "Right over there. I was about to unscrew it when that thing attacked." I turned to see her pointing to a machine in the corner of the room, a cord attached it to the wall that would definitely serve our purpose well. I went over and said "Right you unscrew one end, I'll do the other."

We were able to unscrew the wire quickly and with that we had the other piece we'd need to get the lift up and running. On the medical level we found another bottle of corrosive along a packet of yellow chem fluid. I'd seen these before, combining it with a green herb would provide us with some of that First-aid medicine, fortunately, I had the herb I'd found in Marguerite's greenhouse so in no-time I snapped the herb into pieces and dropped the chunks in the liquid before pouring the contents into a bottle.

Image of Chem Fluid:

Voila! In a short period, we had successfully brewed our own first-aid medicine

Voila! In a short period, we had successfully brewed our own first-aid medicine. Aside from that there was nothing more here so we quickly left the sick bay and returned to the lift with the last component we'd need.

Upon arriving we finally lifted and dropped through the hatch into the lift itself. I turned to Mia and together, we knelt down fitting the wiring into its proper place, hooking it up to the appropriate area before finally it fit like a glove!

There was a ding and I proclaimed "And we have power!" The lights in the lift came on and the individual buttons each lit up. We got back to our feet and looked at the buttons I remembered from the security footage, Ethan was trapped on floor S2 at the bottom of the ship so naturally that's the button we pressed.

The doors shut and we felt the lift going down for a few minutes before coming to a stop. With another ding, the doors opened to reveal the bottom level of the tanker. This level was even more Mold-infested than the last, the emergency lighting was all that lit the way.

As we stepped out we heard the eerie voice of Eveline echo ahead of us. "He's waiting." We ignored her words and pressed on into the corridors. The ceiling above us was grated and we could see a Molded crawling about.

It didn't attack us though and we were free to press on. I remembered this place, this was where me and Mia met up to deal with Eveline three years ago. God, if only we'd known what we'd be getting ourselves into.

Eventually, we arrived in a larger square-shaped room, a set of steps lead upwards and three Molded patrolled. We could have dealt with them using our guns however I had a way to get rid of all three at once. 

I extended a hand towards Mia and asked "Bomb please?" She handed one to me and I placed it at the entrance to the room. I then I raised my machine gun, I aimed at one Molded in particular and fired a short burst, just enough to get their attention.

All three turned to us and raced towards the door, right into the trap I'd set. As soon as they were in the right place. I made a gesture to Mia and she lifted the detonator up and pushed a button. The bomb by the door exploded, completely OBLITERATING all three Molded at once!

This cleared the way up the steps towards another door. We headed through that only to be met with another two Molded. I raised my machine gun and Mia raised her handgun. We each aimed at a Molded and fired away. We got through them quickly and after a bit more searching, we arrived at a door.

I required corrosive, however I had some left over so I applied it to the lock. There was the hiss followed by the click before it swung open to reveal our TWO objectives. Here Eveline stood, staring directly at the door. I knew full-well she'd been expecting us. Behind her was the fossilised Ethan, completely motionless inside the Mold.

As we approached Eveline's glare remained on us as she stated darkly "I need you to do something for me..."

Author's Note: And that's it for this chapter. Only two more left of the segment. . I hope you enjoyed this chapter and as always, thank you for reading.