Chapter 37: The Survivors and the Second Crest

Y/N POV

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Ethan asked the girl in front of us. She stepped aside to reveal an older man, I assumed was her father. I could tell he was badly injured. Looking at us he growled "Stay back."

Image of Elena:

The girl raised her hands and said "Please

The girl raised her hands and said "Please. Don't hurt us." I reassured her "It's okay, we're not going to hurt you." Ethan added "We're just glad to see normal people at last. Have you seen any other survivors?" The girl responded "No, they're all in Luiza's house. And she's not answering and the gate is locked."

The man rasped out "Quiet girl, they're outsiders." Outside we then heard the roars of the monsters getting closer. Ethan commented "We're sitting ducks in here. Can your old man walk?" The girl looked at her dad and said "No, one of the monsters cut him. He's lost a lot of blood we have to get into Luiza's house!"

I shushed and said "Quiet, there must be a way inside. Stay here, be quiet and don't move until I get those gates open." Turning to Ethan I said "Stay and protect these two. I'll get that gate open."

He nodded and I instantly climbed through a window at the back of the house. Here I found a part of the wall surrounding Luiza's house that had caved in, I climbed on a box to get over that part of the wall. Just like that I was in the property, now it was a literal cakewalk, getting to the gate, lifting the latch and pushing it open signalling "Come on, it's clear."

The door to the tiny shack opened up, the girl came out first, doing her best to support her father. Ethan came out after, handgun at the ready to shoot any approaching creatures. The old man glared at me and spat "Took your damn time."

I sarcastically responded "You're welcome." As the girl came in after she apologized on his behalf "He's not used to relying on other people. I'm sorry." She looked at the gate and asked "We'll be safe in here, won't we?" Ethan said "Safer here than out there, that's for sure."

We all approached the door, I asked the girl "Hey, do you know anything about what's going on around here?" The girl began to panic and exclaimed "It doesn't make any sense! Mother Miranda has always protected us-!"

Her dad turned to us after knocking on the door and said "Nobody's answering come help me." He collapsed to the ground, barely propping himself up on the wall. While the girl looked after her father, me and Ethan both went and knocked on the door he called out "Hello? Anybody home?"

The girl said "Maybe a familiar voice." She went up and knocked as well, calling "Luiza! Open up, it's me Elena!" At this the door slowly opened however the barrel of a shotgun began to peak out, aimed at the girl who I now knew as Elena.

The door opened to reveal a skinny, angry looking man who said "Stop shouting. You'll draw the monsters." Elena raised her hands and said "Iulian calm down-." 'Iulian' noticed us and instantly shifted his aim snapping "Who are these?!" Elena tried to interject, saying "A friend-."