Chapter 76: The Return of Sturm

Y/N POV

The wall in front of me smashed clear open, creating a massive hole. In the shock of it, I dropped the communicator to the floor. My eyes narrowed in anger as the same creature I'd encountered shortly after my arrival in this factory emerged, the creature with the engine torso and spinning propeller.

I muttered "You're the last thing I need right now. Damnit." Chris' voice could be heard from the communicator asking "Y/N? What the hell was that noise?! Y/N come in-!" He was cut off, before he could continue as the monster stepped on the communicator, crushing it under its large black boot.

I knew from earlier how durable this particular creature was, so instead of wasting ammo, I took off running back the way I'd came. Behind me, I heard the propeller swirl even louder as is scrapped against the stone walls, chipping the stone and making sparks fly.

It followed close behind, I occasionally turned and fired a handgun round towards it. I knew it wouldn't do much, but it could at least hopefully whittle it down a bit while I looked for another chute for me to escape through like last time.

There was no such luck now though. I ran back through corridors, even venturing back across the walkway I'd been on before, this time going right across it in order to reach a door at the other side, I didn't bother going back down the ladder.

I entered the door on the other end of the walkway, finding myself in a much shorter corridor, leading up to a flight of stairs. The propeller creature was still in pursuit so I ran up the stairs reaching a metal door. 

Heading through, I slammed it behind me, hoping that the creature's lack of arms would at least buy me a couple of minutes to think up a plan. It did not.  Before I'd even made it a quarter of the way down this path, the door was busted down completely, a glimpse back showed the creature continuing to follow.

I rolled my eyes asking myself "What does it take to stop this thing?" And it was at that point that I remembered what I'd purchased from the Duke. It had been at least an hour or two since then so I'm not surprised I'd forgotten.

Reaching round, I took out one of the landmines I'd purchased. Arming it, I proceeded to place it on the ground and continued running. I listened carefully as this unique Soldat kept up its approach before suddenly, there was an EXPLOSION!

Looking back, I couldn't help but grin. For the first time, I actually saw this creature experience damage. It staggered back, a small stream of smoke coming from the side of its engine. It took a moment to regain its footing and it continued after me. Now though, I knew I had a slight edge over it.

After that, I wasted no time repeating my earlier trick. I placed another landmine on the floor. Given how narrow the corridor was, the propellered Soldat had no room to avoid and simply stepped onto the landmine again, causing it to blow up right in its hypothetical face.

And column of smoke now came out of it, this time from the other side, however even then once it had regained its footing, it followed and now there was only one mine left. After that, I still had my pipe bombs, I'd have to hope that's enough.

At the end of this corridor was another door. I ran as fast as I could to reach it. Even with its damages, the creature was approaching quickly and that's when I used my last landmine, right outside the door.

I entered what appeared to be another thin corridor at first. I walked through it as the monster entered the room behind me, triggering the landmine. The resulting explosion caused parts of the walls to break away revealing what seemed like a much larger room encasing the corridor.

The Soldat recovered, the damage beginning to pile up. It was honestly kind of funny. In my first encounter with it, I had been unable to make a dent and yet now, with the help of explosives, smoke was now pluming from both sides and the top of it.