Chapter 30 - The Plump Adorable Child (1)

Jane was sweeping the front porch when she saw the carriage that she had sent out earlier was returning. "Madam ... why have you returned?" Jane's eyes looked like they sincerely wanted to chase Lila out.

"Jane, you misunderstood, I was not planning to stay with him."

Jane looked downwards refusing to meet her eyes. "Madam ... I told you I would keep your secret."

"Where is Hir?" Said Lila, deciding to move on to the main topic on her mind.

Jane answered as she mumbled what a shame this was. She pointed towards the stairs as she said: "He is in his room. Please go up,"

"Thank you," said Lila hearing Jane mumbling to herself.

Jane noticed a small, cutely wrapped blue box in Lila's hands. She knew what it was immediately, but decided to ask anyway.

"What is that, Madam?"

Lila smiled to herself. "It's a present for Hir."

She knew that Lila had bought some sweet desserts for Hir. Jane bit her tongue a little. "He will become quite plump if you go on like this."

"Then, that would also be cute."

She frowned slightly "It's not about cuteness, but about being less susceptible to diseases."

Lila stroked the box not wanting to part ways with her precious dessert, Jane thought she looked like a child who did not want to give up her toy.

"Having that much chocolate would also lead to rotten teeth."

"It's not chocolate," said Lila lightly, giving one last attempt.

"It is chocolate."

Lila sighed to herself. Ugh How does she know?

"All right, All right. I will restrain myself after this last box," she said quickly.

"I too am restraining myself, Madam. I always have the urge to shower him with sweet things but I keep stopping myself for the greater good."

Lila sighed to herself then looked back at the maid. "Jane. He's too thin at the moment, he could really use some food, any food, in his stomach."

Jane rolled her eyes, but tried to cover it, remembering that she was talking to her superior and not a friend. "All right, I'll brush his teeth carefully today, and please have some yourself," she said, noticing how thin Lila's arms were when the topic of 'being thin' was brought up.

The viscount's wife used to not have many chances of eating in her previous life. This was because the viscount liked frail, skinny women. But even though she had been freed from the shackles of her husband, she still continues to eat very little. Actually it seemed as if she was eating even less in these past few days. It really saddened Jane that she would let herself go on like this.

While Jane was thinking of ways to get her mistress to eat more. Lila continued up towards the flight of stairs and reached Hir's room. She knocked on the door with the chocolate pudding in hand.

Knock Knock "Hir, it's me. Can I open the door?"

The voice of a sweet young boy answered on the other side. "Oh yes, wait a minute!"

She heard some rustling behind the door and smiled to herself, preparing to have a welcoming face as she waited for Him to open it.

A small slender child opened the door for her. He wasn't as skinny as he was when she first saw him. She was glad that he was starting to look better. "I heard that you had gone out, you came back early Ma- I mean Mo ... Mother!"

"Did I?" She had spent quite a long time at Lacias' manor and had definitely not come back early, she was late if anything. She peeked behind him, then stepped into his room calmly.

"What were you doing?"

"Nothing!"

Hir avoided Lila's gaze, and his two eyes shook with nowhere to turn. Lila raised a brow narrowly.

Hmm what's wrong with him I wonder.

Lila suspected him at that moment but let it go by since Hir could have a secret of two. "Anyways, I bought you some chocolate pudding, would you like to have it?"

Hir's panicking eyes finally calmed down as they fell on the contents of Lila's hands. "Oh ... chocolate pudding?"

Lila watched him so closely that she could hear his small gulp and excited breathing.

He's so cute.

Lila smiled while taking off the red ribbon and handed a small spoon to him. "Here, since it's from a famous pâtissier, it should be tasty. Eat up!"

"Uh ... Yes!"

She filled the spoon with pudding and drove it nicely into his little mouth. His eyes widened prematurely as he chewed the chocolate filled pudding intently.

"Mmph mmhp, it's delicious!"

"It looks like the pudding is better than my desserts."

"No, yours are also very tasty."

He didn't say that hers was better, but she didn't mind anyways. Seeing him happy made her the most joyful, it was better than any form of entertainment. Hir finally noticed Lila watching him eat eagerly from a distance. After swallowing another spoon, he took a large spoonful of the pudding and raised his hand towards her.

"What?" Lila looked very confused.

"You ... you have some too."