Chapter 142 - The Perfect Father (1)

Back then, Hir was so light that whenever Lila carried him, she couldn't even feel his weight. But as he grew up, little by little, his weight increased as well. Now, he is much heavier than before.

Thinking of how quickly time passed by, Lila tightened her hug.

Soon, he'll become so big that I won't even manage to lift him up. Maybe... he'll even grow as big as Lacias.

She wanted to inject more force into her hug, but the strength in her arms slowly ran out. Her fragile and weak body was no longer strong enough to bear the weight of her own son.

I should do some exercises too.

She stared at Roxana with jealousy. The female knight's body had those toned muscles that looked incredibly strong and powerful. Lila was envious of her figure, which seemed to never tire even after running for hours whilst holding Hir.

Roxana, who had misinterpreted Lila's gaze, came closer with a bewildered face and held out her arms.

Lila tilted her head in wonder.

"Allow me to do it, my lady." With worried eyes, Roxana noticed that the madam's arm had begun to tremble a little. She thought Lila would hand over the young master to her, but surprisingly, that didn't seem to be the case.

Wordlessly, Lila stared at the red-headed knight with widened eyes.

"Huh? Nooo—! I want to be with my mother!" Hir exclaimed aggrievedly, "Mother, don't put me down!"

Meanwhile, Roxana's poor little heart was deeply wounded when she heard Hir's words. It felt like she was betrayed. Going back to her seat, Lugar smirked at Roxana and jumped at the chance to taunt her.

"How does it feel to get rejected by two people at the same time, Commander~?"

Roxana was still a bit too dumbfounded to reply, which is why she couldn't give a rebuttal like she usually did.

*

After hearing about the situation from Lacias, Hizette stared at the desk with a serious face.

"A hole addiction... This is the first I've heard of such a thing."

"Which isn't very surprising." Lacias spoke, "It has only been discovered recently, and I reckon this was the first time it's happened as well."

He contemplated for a few seconds before adding, "Furthermore, the first target is our young master. Thus, we need to find a solution as soon as possible."

Lugar's face instantly became grave. This was an unprecedented move.

The way the shadows attacked others using holes was actually quite simple. Just like an arrow or a dagger, it could be used as a projectile to attack someone. When it was compressed enough to a certain level, it was definitely possible to inflict either a light or serious physical injury. After that, it would just disappear.

However, this was the first time that it had remained inside the body and showed a negative reaction towards a ring.

Tap, tap.

Roxana rapped her fingers on a table. Distracted by the sound, Hizette raised his head to look at her, but she just kept on repeatedly tapping the desk with a blank expression.

"..." It seemed like she wasn't intentionally trying to attract attention by doing that.

Meanwhile, the others were already having their discussion.

"...just like your hypothesis, the young master did not show any reaction to my ring."

"Mn. There is also an additional thing that should be taken note of. That is, when an addicted person is exposed to another person's ring for the first time, he would feel a bit of discomfort.