Chapter 102 - Mission Failed

It wasn't as satisfying as punching a solid object but it was better than bottling up her rage. Roxanne always needed to take out her anger one way or the other. It was not until she uttered all the curse words that existed in the world that Roxana calmed down her harsh breathing to a rest.

"How can we fail every single time? I feel like I'm cleaning up an abandoned hall."

"True that. I don't even think I will be able to face the Duke." Lugar inched a bit closer trying to gain the trust of his captain again.

"Of course, YOU would be the last person the Duke would want to see. You never even came."

His eyes widened for a moment and he prayed she was not onto him. "Wha-What do you mean?"

"It was so obvious Lugar! Lila's guard, which was you! Dragged out staying with her as much as possible. You didn't even think of coming in the first place!"

How ... did she know!

Lugar was in a state of complete shock, it didn't appear clear to him that she figured it out herself, instead his mind landed on the possibility that someone else told on him. His eyes landed on the only other person with them inside the carriage, Hizette.

He was brooding over their conversation while Lugar tapped him with his foot, waking him from his thoughts.

"Hey ... did you tell her? Hizette, you ... man, I didn't see you as a tattletale."

There was no response from the other side. Lugar decided to summon up his ring as an alternative to get him to respond.

"Well, aren't you a sucker?" He started shooting it like a small slingshot aiming at his head.

Hizette's ring appeared seemingly out of thin air, blocking the shot aimed at his forehead. He then turned around with a very irritated look on his face.

"What is it?" He asked coldly, returning his ring.

"Why are you pretending to not hear me?"

"What are you talking about? Go to sleep if you want to talk nonsense. We don't know when we'll be back on the mission again."

Lugar ironically didn't listen to a word he said. "You told Roxana! You told her about my complaint that I didn't want to go back to training ... !"

Lugar's neck, which was red due to his shouting, was suddenly caught in Roxana's grasp.

Roxana's anger disappeared into thin air, she was now exhaling a cold atmosphere.

"Did you really ... ?"

"Hu- Huh?" Lugar could barely spit the word out of his mouth from how strong her grasp was.

"I was just prying, and suggesting that it was true before but to think that you actually didn't want to come with us? I suffered so much in that sh*t show and you were only thinking about relaxing?"

"Ahh ... Sa-Save me ... !" Her grasp was only getting tighter, to the point where Lugar could barely breathe.

At his cries for help, Roxanna grabbed his neck with both hands and shook it several times until he let out a gasping sound which only made her shake his throat even more passionately.

On the other side of the carriage, Hizette tried getting some shut-eye. The noise coming from the two was somehow even more disturbing than the rattling noises of the carriage. His brow frowned deeply, he really couldn't handle their constant bickering anymore.

"I need you both to stop. I can't sleep with all your racket."

Somehow during Roxanna's intense grip, Lugar managed to gasp loudly. "Hizette ... how could ... you say you want to sleep when I'm dying in front of your own eyes!"

His neck was strangled to the point that his skin turned reddish with Roxana's hand marks.

Hizette clicked his tongue in irritation and ignored the petty man. Then, suddenly, Roxana's fist headed for Hizette.

Hizette, who dodged her fast-flying fist with immense reflexes, stared Roxana in the eye. She must have not meant to hit him, because she started punching the air in front of her again, almost hitting his head by accident.

Noticing his reflex, Roxanna turned to also give him a piece of her mind. "Hizette, you should have reported to me in a flash if something like that happened."

"I'll report it to you from now on." When Hizette, who was very bothered by this situation, answered half-heartedly, Lugar burst out.

"Hey, where is all your loyalty, you son of a b*tch? Huh?!"

"Then what do you suppose I should do?" Hizette swept over his silver hair and turned his head back. Not expecting Lugar to answer him back.

I bet I won't be in trouble if I just stare at the ceiling

Roxana gradually calmed down as if her hot temper had subsided. She muttered to herself while arranging her wild red hair.

"I'm glad Lila was around, otherwise we'd be dead today. We almost could have ended up doing a second round of hell training. How could we have missed another shadow?"

Lugar touched his neck cautiously, making sure it's all intact. "Yeah, I honestly admired Lila the first time I met her. How could she have been able to tame a violent master so well?"

"Haha, you better consider yourself very lucky. You could've lost your life today."

"I should thank her the next time I meet her."

Hizette's gaze, which was still watching the ceiling, suddenly became fierce. He who at first was determined to ignore the two turned his head to face both.

Are they bragging about failing a mission? How many times have they failed and they still dare to joke about it?