Chapter 189 - Greedy (2)

If Lacias wants this much, Doug Blake will receive that much punishment.

"I do have something in mind." Lacias smiled mischievously.

"I will erase him from the Blake family forever."

Lila narrowed her eyes. "What do you mean erase him? Are you saying you'll take his title away?"

"Not just taking away his title. I'm in the process of completely expunging him from the record."

"Ah." He was basically saying that he would erase Doug Blake's existence from the Blake family so that no trace of Doug could be found in the Blake family documents.

But is that even possible?

It sounded unrealistic, but Lacias wouldn't have told her about his plan if he wasn't confident.

It's like what I've read in the novel.

She didn't feel guilty at all. Her father, who became Doug Blake, had already killed her in her previous life. The punishment he would have to pay was not heavy at all, considering that he was the one who made it impossible for her to escape from a terrible life. It was like she was not alive at all.

"Then we must work harder so that he receives his punishment as soon as possible. I'll get up now."

"Lila..." When Lila got up from the bed, Lacias called her in a feeble voice. Still, she didn't change her mind. Perhaps she became a little immune to his charm.

"Are you really going to leave me like this? Now that we're married, you think you own me, don't you?"

"That's right."

"Lila, you're breaking my heart. You've changed so much."

"Haha, so do you regret it?"

At Lila's question, Lacias shrugged as if he heard something absurd. "Is that even possible?"

It seemed like he would give her this year's nonsense award.

"Even if you leave me like this, we are already a married couple recognized by the empire, and that doesn't change. There's no way I'll cut you off, so from now on, we have no choice but to be together for the rest of our lives. Keep that in mind. I'll never let you go, so you better be prepared, Lila."

Lila was proud of his convincing tone of voice, but at the same time, she wanted to tease him. "Well, I don't know... There's a reason why intimate things happen on the balcony of the party hall. Aren't you the one who should be prepared, not me?"

Lacias face distorted as if his world collapsed. "Are... are you telling me you'll have a concubine in front of me?"

"When did I say that? And it was just a joke. A joke."

Although Lila played it off as a joke, Lacias was still frozen in shock and couldn't hear anything. "How could you say that...."

"Lacias. I was just joking."

"No way...."

"Okay. My bad. I will never say something like that again, even for a joke."

Only after hearing Lila's oath did Lacias sigh in relief.

"Why would I have an affair with another man when there's no man in this empire who's better than you?"

"Still, promise me you won't leave me."

When Lila was about to give an affirmative answer, a thought that suddenly flashed across her mind made her hesitate. I can't promise that. Because eventually, I'll have to leave.

She could have just nodded or just said yes, but her personality didn't allow her to lie to him. So instead she just smiled and tried to divert the situation. "That's what I want you to promise. Anyone would think that I am the one who's more likely to be abandoned."

"I know myself well. I can swear that won't happen."

"You only say that because we're newlywed." She teased again.

"That's not true," his playful tone wasn't apparent anymore. "If you can't trust my words, I can write you a pledge. If I abandon you, I'll hand over all of my possessions to you and kill myself."

"...."

"Ah, you might not see any merit in this since everything I have is already yours. But I want you to know how sincere I am."

Lila rolled her eyes, She already knew that of course. "Yes. I can feel it and that's more than enough."

The way you look at me, the way you treat me, and everything you do shows how much you care about me. And your love is so clear that it never gives me doubts... But why? Why do you love me like you're always ready to give everything you have?"

Mrs. Marshmell's character did not have a relationship with Lacias in the original novel. She was more of just a stranger to him like anyone else.

So when did my existence become so important to him?

Lacias moved a strand of hair away from her face. "Lila, your eyes are more loving than usual."

"I always look at you with the same eyes."

He was closer to her than earlier now. "I want to kiss you."

"You did that more than enough yesterday." She responded frankly.

"But I don't think it was enough."

"You're greedy."

"I've been greedy since birth." Lacias smiled as he moved his face closer to Lila's lips. Doing so revealed his bare body previously hidden under the sheets. Unlike before, he did not hesitate or ask for permission. The moment he got close enough to feel the warmth of her skin, Lila closed her eyes.

Knock Knock!

Only until they heard a cheerful knocking sound.

"Mother! I'm here to say good morning!" It was Hir. Mother! Mother! Can I come in?!"

Lacias face hardened at the sound that was too loud to ignore, and Lila burst into laughter.