Chapter 174 - A Blonde Parrot (2)

Does he think I'll tremble in fear from his petty look. When Lila blinked silently without reacting much, Enrique let out a short sigh and continued.

"So, come along. Because I have so many things to share with you."

Frustrated, Lila gave a short laugh. "Right now?... Duke Wipere will look for me if I leave without telling him."

Does he even think before he stalks? Lila quietly mumbled to herself. Enrique raised his eyebrows at the sound, but he didn't seem to hear what she said.

Will he start bragging about how Lacias is nothing more than his subordinate in this empire again?

"....Damn it. I've wasted too much time with useless words. Duke Wipere will be returning soon."

"...?" Lila wasn't expecting him to say that, it seemed to her that he was the one to make Lacias leave the lounge.

How does he know when Lacias will return? Doubts arose in her head, but Lila remained calm on the surface. But Lacias is with the commander of the knights....

Could it be that Enrique bought Roxana? Come to think of it, it was also quite suspicious that the Knights did not recognize the carriage she rode today. Everything else was perfectly prepared, so it didn't make sense that they made such a silly mistake.

"You're pretty lucky. You somehow manage to avoid things that are against you," he said.

"Thanks for the compliment."

"This is not a compliment! I'm saying that it's very annoying." The way Enrique shouted, unable to hold back his anger, looked pretty funny. The man in front of her acted like an immature kid despite his age and high status.

I can clearly see the reason why the power of the empire is in the hands of the Duke of Wipere. If the emperor had been wiser and didn't let emotion get in the way of his decision making, things might have turned out differently.

"Are you always thinking of me? Listening to you makes me feel a little strange."

"Wh- what?... How dare you say that to me?" Enrique stuttered. It seemed like he was lost for words.

"If not, then good. You'd better get going now because this is starting to move." Lila pointed at her necklace. Inside, the ring was waving like the tranquil waters of a lake. Her ring, which would otherwise have been motionless, was waving as it senses Lacias' presence.

Enrique was also aware that he had little time. It was written all over his face. He didn't need a reminder.

The emperor can't even keep his poker face in front of others. He's not fit to lead. As Lila clicked her tongue at his stupidity, Enrique spoke in an urgent tone.

"As you said, now is definitely not the right time."

It's not that the timing is bad, but it's that you're afraid of Duke Wipere.

"But if you think about what I've said so far, you will understand the reason why you have to see me."

You've been only repeating the same thing over and over like a parrot. What am I supposed to understand?

"I won't wait long. I'll give you another week. Come to the place where we used to meet secretly. Then my contact there will lead you to me."

Enrique spoke quickly and hurriedly left the lounge, he was obviously afraid of running into the duke.

"But the thing is...." She said after hearing the door close behind him. "I don't know where that place is...."

Since she was not the former Madam Marshmell, she had no idea where this 'secret meeting place' was.

Why is he speaking so vaguely? Why can't he be more specific?

The mystery of the entire situation started to get to Lila's head. Enrique spoke about this secret meeting like the thought of her forgetting it never crossed his mind. It must have been an important place.

I don't want to make any trouble with Lacias just because of my past for nothing.

Even if she accepted Enrique's offer and met him without Lacias's knowledge, it would only benefit her.

The only good thing would be that the questions she had about her past would be answered. But considering everything else, she knew she would have more to lose than to gain. Not to mention what would happen if people were to find out that she secretly met with the emperor.

The scandal that the newly married Duchess met secretly with the Emperor would surely spread out of control.

Enrique has to be aware of this. Or Could it be that he's confident about his security? I hope he isn't blinded by the possibility of meeting me.

Lila shook her head violently and leashed her thoughts again. Let's stop thinking about this. I won't be meeting him anyway.

Suddenly the calm vibrations from her necklace became progressively stronger. Her thoughts of Enrique all disappeared as she felt Lacias returning to the room.

*