Chapter 191 - Blue

Lila widened her eyes. It was something she didn't expect to hear. "Did you say this morning?"

Lila then turned to Lacias, but he didn't seem all that surprised.

"Yes, I saw it with Hizette. He said it was for sure a ring and congratulated me."

Hir manifested his ring much earlier than he did in the novel. Lila couldn't stop smiling at the unexpected news.

My... my Hir did it! I knew it!

Lila was so happy that if she was alone, she would have grabbed a pillow and screamed into it on her bed. Everything, everything is perfect!.

All her worries disappeared at once. Now that Hir managed to manifest the ring, He would be recognized as the heir to the Duke of Wipere without Lila.

"I better get a report from Hizette." said Lacias watching his overexcited wife.

"Hir! So what was the color of your ring? Did you manifest one or more? How did you do that? Can you please explain to me how that happened?"

Hir seemed surprised at the hailstorm of questions but excited to answer them at the same time.

"I couldn't see it properly because it disappeared quickly, but... Hizette told me it was blue. He said it was a very bright blue color that he could see the ring clearly even in that short time."

"Then it looks exactly like my Hir's eyes!"

"I didn't quite understand it only by listening to Hizette's explanation, but I think I now have an idea of how to make it! With a little more practice, I think I'll be able to handle it freely...." With a blush on his cheeks, Hir scratched his head as if he was embarrassed.

"That's not bad for a beginner." Commented Lacias for the first time in a while.

Hearing praise from his father, who rarely said anything positive, a smile bloomed on Hir's face.

"Is that the reason why you came to see me so early in the morning?"

He must have wanted to tell me the good news immediately.

"Uh... That wasn't the only reason I came to see you...." Hir dropped his head again and blushed.

Lila had dealt with countless nobles who approached her with their dark intentions hidden, so reading what was on the mind of a child so pure as Hir was a piece of cake. She was already trying to hold back her laughter and it was obvious.

"I'm serious! I just came to say good morning... It wasn't just because I wanted to show off."

"Hahaha."

"Ugh... Mother!"

"Hahahaha." Couldn't hold back her laughter anymore, and Hir pouting like a duck made it even harder.

***

How. How can one human being be this cute?

Even after Hir left, Lila couldn't wipe the smile off her face. It certainly had a long-lasting effect on her.

"Why are you smiling? Tell me so I can smile, as well." Lacias was dying to know why she was so happy well after Hir left.

Lila just looked at him with a puzzled expression. Is this an office date or what?

A way to work while also fulfilling Lacias' request... It was an office date.

Lacias' room was much more spacious than Lila's office, so they moved a desk and the pile of paperwork from her office into his room. Although he was complaining inside about Lila working, Lacias was still happy to have her in the same room. He knew that it wouldn't be easy to convince Lila to stop working but he still tried.

"Lila?" he asked.

"Oh, what did you say? Sorry, I didn't hear you."

"What's on your mind right now? You've been smiling like that this whole time and still not answering my question."

"Are you sulking?" asked Lila mockingly. She knew Lacias was just pretending to sulk but she wanted to tease him.

"Yes, I am."

His reaction was just as funny as she expected. Seeing Lacias pouting his lips like Hir almost through her into another fit of laughter.

Because of those two guys, I might just be smiling alone like an idiot all day.

"I asked what's making you smile so happily." Repeated Lacias.

"Ah, I was thinking about Hir. I'm so proud that he finally manifested his ring."

"I knew it." He was aware that whenever his wife was happy she was thinking about her son. "Soon, the captain will come to make a report. Would you like to listen together? It's about Blake."

The name 'Blake' Instantly grabbed her attention. "Yes. I was wondering about how the investigation went."

"That's good, and It would even be more helpful if you joined us. Roxana will have a better grasp of what happened that day."

"I'm glad I can be of some help."

"Just you being here helps me a lot," said Lacias with a broad smile.

Lila giggled at the pleasant response. With Lacias, long conversations always seemed like a breeze, similar to the one blowing out the window into the office causing the dark curtains to sway.

"The weather is so nice." Added Lila while looking out of the window. "Today would have been perfect for a picnic."

"Would you like to go for a walk in the garden?" Suggested Lacias.

"Didn't you just say that Roxana would be coming to make a report soon?"

Lila narrowed her eyes, but Lacias shrugged his shoulders as if he didn't find any problem with that. "We can just tell her to wait."

"What a bad boss."

If Roxana were to hear that, she would have gone on and on gossiping about the duke. A good boss doesn't do that, she would say. But Lila knew he wasn't being serious about what he said.

"This is Roxana, sir. May I come in and make a report?" Just as Lila was thinking about her, Roxana's voice rang through the room from the other side of the door.

When Lacias shook the bell on the desk, Roxana took that as a yes and came in.