Chapter 145 - Showing Gratitude (2)

Coincidentally, it was always nighttime when they went out last time. The atmosphere reminded her of something she forgot to mention before.

"The color looks exactly the same as that of your ring, Hizette."

"What do you mean?"

"The color of the moon." Unlike Lila, Hizette had no interest in the moon, so he didn't realize how full the moon was until she mentioned it.

"I thought so when I looked through Hir's window earlier, but now that we're outside, I'm certain," Lila mumbled her words but his sensitive ears could pick up words from a mile away. Knowing this, she waited expectantly for a response but finally took initiative to continue the conversation herself.

"I heard from Hir."

"Huh? What did you hear?"

"He told me that he has fun training with you. It's the first time I've seen Hir so engrossed. It's all thanks to you, Hizette."

Hizette bowed his head without saying anything. It was his awkward way of showing gratitude.

Is he trying to hide his embarrassment?

When she tilted her head to look at Hizette, he opened his mouth.

"All I'm doing is carrying out orders. I don't think I deserve to hear that."

Lila chuckled lightly. "Haha, why do you sound so formal?" He could have simply nodded to the praise but turned it into an entire report.

She looked down after his serious response thinking about all she wanted to thank him for.

"Is that all you wanted to say?" He asked as if he was in a rush.

"No... I actually wanted you to help Hir develop his ring while practicing swordsmanship. I think you would do better than me."

"If that's how you think, I'll do it." Lila was taken aback at how quickly he accepted her offer. "However, it would be good to keep in mind that only certain people can manifest it."

"Oh, but I am certain that he will," said Lila, mimicking him.

Hizette's expression softened at Lila's confident tone. When Lila looked back to see his reaction he immediately killed his emotion.

"Ah, that doesn't mean that Hir must develop a ring. Don't get me wrong, what I mean is that Hir does his best in everything."

"Yes. I didn't misunderstand." Hizette spoke with sincerity. It was a confident answer, like someone who truly believed that she wouldn't lie. "The young master told me multiple times."

"Hm did he say anything about me?" She asked, letting curiosity get the best of her.

"Yes." Answered Hizette, expecting the question. "He was convinced that you would never force him to do something and that you would trust him in anything he chose to do."

Lila's eyes slightly widened, then fell again, not wanting to show a weaker side of her. "Haha I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, I'm not that kind of person."

Although Hizette didn't respond, his expression denied her words. The way he saw Lila seemed to line in with Hir's vision.

Lila's face, soaked in the moonlight, looked deathly white. It was only then that Hizette appreciated the beauty of the full moon. Certainly, he thought, the night of the new moon filled people with strange emotions.

*

On her way back to the room, Lila reminded herself to give Hir his brooch. Her steps were light with a sense of satisfaction. She felt at ease after saying what she wanted to say for a long time.

While walking, she looked down at the item in her hands. I wonder why he cherishes such an ugly thing.

There were too many parts that highlighted her lack of embroidery skills. She would be too embarrassed to show it to others. And yet, Hir treated it like a treasure.

"I should make it prettier next time."

Will I have time? Even if I have to send it anonymously, I will definitely make it prettier and give it to him again.

Hir's room was on the way back to her own. When she saw it at the end of the hallway, she was filled with pride when she remembered how horrible his room was when she first came to this world. He came a long way from then to now.

She hovered her fingers over the door but didn't dare to open it. She just wanted to hold in her feeling of accomplishment thus far.

When I first encountered Hir, who was scared for his life, I never expected all this to happen. All she wanted was to send Hir to the Duke of Wipere, but now that all the obstacles were out of the way, she was still here.

Am I getting too greedy?

Even though she knew that she was now the character she hated the most while reading the original novel, she still had mental conflicts.

I ... want to be with Hir and Lacias forever. Thought Lila while skimming through the door, Hir of the past is gone. His sad old depressed self no longer exists and he and Lacias seem to need me now, can't I be a little greedy?

With a slight push, Lila opened the door to Hir's room.

I should only leave the brooch inside and leave.