Chapter 41 - Under One Condition (2)

Shadows were people who used distorted rings. These rings would be created when those who desperately chased the power of the ring tried to form a ring but failed miserably due to them not being chosen. Instead they would walk down a dark path of pain and deceit just to make a ring that doesn't even return to its owner when used. The ring wanders around the air searching for an actual ring to stick to and inhabit. That's where they were mostly found at least.

The shadows' rings tend to leech off the power of the real rings leaving many members of the Wipere family powerless. This angered the Wipere family and they quickly sent out their best knights to deal with the source of the problem. Therefore, Lugar and Hizette would be sent off to places where these distorted rings have been sighted.

Lila knew from the original work that these expeditions would only lead to time-wastage and failure.

I should meet with Hizette soon. She hadn't been introduced directly to Hizette yet, and she wanted to have a short talk with him. This reminded her of the time limit that was given. She looked at Lacias directly in the eyes.

"Lacias."

"Yes, Lila." He answered knowing what she was about to mention.

"Ten minutes is over-"

Lacias' face looked annoyed before she even finished. "I don't want to let you ... go yet." Lacias spoke as he stroked Lila's hand, she felt a strong grip despite his gentleness.

She looked at him with seriousness in her purple eyes. "I have to go to meet Hiln senior alone, if you go with me she would be on edge and she'd know for sure that something was wrong."

"I know, but ... I can't just let you go by yourself."

Lila handed over Lacias' coat back to him firmly despite her warm smile.

"But, I promised to get your mines back. So I have to go."

Lacias let go of her hand immediately after her statement. He couldn't say no any longer to those beautiful determined eyes.

"Fine. Under one condition."

She turned back towards him. "What condition?"

"For me to let you go-"

"Yes, yes what is it?" She spurted running out of patience. She was confused as to why he was making such a big deal. This is what they agreed to. And she was doing this for him.

"Will you listen?"

She calmed down realizing that cutting him off was rude. "Yes, keep going."

Lacias's trademark smile finally reemerged and with it he got up and walked dramatically to Lila's sofa. He held her hand in both palms with his gaze on her lips and smoothly pulled her up towards him until the distance between them was non-existent.

Lila was completely caught off guard, she let out a short gasp when he grabbed her and she stayed silent for a while being held close. Even though her view was his upper-body she could still feel each breath as if they were one.

After what felt like an eternity she quickly snapped back to her reality and questioned him.

"What are you doing?" She said, trying to look up and meet Lacias's eyes.

When she finally met his eyes they were already staring at hers intently, they seemed filled with emotion as opposed to her unfeeling eyes.

"Kiss me, Lila." Even with his confident poise there was a hint of nervousness in his voice. Lila thought he was cute in a way.

Lacias positioned himself for a kiss when he saw that Lila had her guard off. He closed his eyes and they both leaned in to close whatever gap was left. When he could almost feel her mellow lips on his, a hand flew out in front of his lips blocking him. He opened his eyes and was very confused. It was Lila's own hand.

He was about to ask her the reason when she gently tapped his lips again making his eyes flutter.

"Look at that." She whispered.

Lila pointed to the transparent window of the balcony and behind it was an astonished Lugar who didn't know that they had spotted him yet. The second his eyes met Lacias's he rapidly closed his gaping mouth and hid behind the wall. The color faded out of his face when he guessed the bloody future waiting for him.

Lila took a short step away and tapped Lacias on the chest. "You seem needed, and we both have something we need to do."

He turned back to Lila clearing out his deathly expression. "Ah ... Lila."

She felt empathetic at the abandoned-puppy look that he put on so she added a few more words.

"I cannot meet your conditions since it's unfair anyway. Wait until I get back," she said, thinking that it would make him feel more comfortable.

Lila exited the balcony walking towards Hiln Senior who was still greeting guests. Lacias followed behind her to leave the balcony thinking of ways to torture Lugar when he got back. It made him feel a little less terrible.