Chapter 43 - The Start Of a Deal (2)

"Ah ... Madame, wait!" Senior called out, digging her teeth deeper into her lips. "I believe that you can get me to that position." Senior still seemed confused, but she stopped hesitating at least. "I'll bet on your confidence. There's something that wants me to believe you."

Senior's orange hair shone under the bright light, and Lila held out her hand. "You made the right choice. I'm sure you'd make a great head for the Hilns."

Senior stretched out her hands in response and almost immediately, her proud expression disappeared. "What's the condition for helping me?"

Lila laughed to herself. "You're quick."

The secret feeling of liking the other was mutual. Lila found Senior's quick wits an interesting trait. She could definitely think things over calmly in a sticky situation. A fitting trait for a leader. She thought to herself. However, Lila thought that her weakness of showing emotion too quickly needed to be worked on.

"Dawson Hiln got the black diamond mine recently." she explained briefly. "I know. To think of that-"

Lila cut her off quickly. "Please Ms. Senior. Calm down and listen to me"

Black was a rare color in the empire, so the Wipere family were almost the mascots of black colored things, with their trademark black hair, jewels and many more. Since Dawson had gotten the black diamond mine for Hiln, his ratings would have skyrocketed.

Lila thought that she had to get rid of Senior's problem quickly "Senior, don't show your emotions like that. You will need to fix that habit first if you want to be the head of the Hilns."

Senior noticed her tone and looked down in embarrassment "Thank you for the advice." Lila was glad that she could acknowledge her mistake without any malice, it definitely saved her time.

"Anyway, if we succeed in making you the head, I would like that diamond mine in return."

Senior seemed a little off. "But, It's Dawson's."

"No, it's the Hiln's." Corrected Lila. She sighed to herself inwardly.

She still has a long way to go. Senior thought that Dawson was the head of the Hilns.

"The diamond mine will be owned by whoever takes over Hiln." She said walking towards the wide-eyed woman before her. "You will become that person."

Senior's body shook like the mere thought excited her. Lila felt she was holding a purring cat when she held her shoulder.

"Give me a year, and you will become the head of the Hilns family."

"Madame Marshmell ... no, you will be Countess Wipere."

A smile spread across her face. "My friends call me Lila."

Senior felt very pleased at that statement, but tried her best not to show it "Right ... Lila." And with that the deal was struck.

*

Hizette was thinking things over as he leaned against the bed. The moonlight from the nearby window made his silver hair shine even brighter.

"Hizette! Are you still in your room?" A deep voice from the other side of the door made Hizette's aura grow cold.

"Hizette! Why aren't you answering? Are you dead?" Lugar came in after kicking the door open.

Lugar looked confused. As he usually did. "Why don't you answer if you're here?!"

Hizette didn't even bother sighing to himself. "I'm sorry, but can you go elsewhere?"

He casually summoned his ring with an indifferent face shaking the door of his room. A silver wave wrapped around Lugar, as he blocked that attack with his own ring.

He jumped towards the man sitting in his bed. "Hey, calm down. Are you trying to kill me? Is this an overthrow?!" He shouted.

Hizette turned towards the other side to not face Lugar. "Can you go somewhere else? You bother me too much when I'm trying to think."

"Why does everyone hate me ... Roxana and now you." He mentioned, almost forgetting that he was about to be killed just a moment ago.

"It's because you talk too much."

"That hurts," said Lugar, filling his expression with sadness. "Well ... what are you thinking about?"

"Nothing you have to know." Hizette was starting to get even more annoyed.

"Hey you don't have to treat me like that. I even brought you a visitor!" Even with his enthusiasm Hizette didn't even bat an eye. "Come on! you'll regret it!"

Hizette finally turned around after his words, but instead of asking about the visitor he pointed at the door "I don't care. Now how about you leave, I don't understand how you can be so ecstatic after failing your mission, you should go and reflect on your mistakes."

Lugar rubbed his chin finally understanding the situation. "Ah! So that's what you are mourning about."

"I was thinking about what I had missed."

"You really are a perfectionist. That's an illness, you know. Don't live life so hard. Have fun when you only live once!"

"You do that for me." He said summoning his ring again. He used his ring to push Lugar back, but stopped when he felt the presence of another person behind him.

"Who did you bring?"

"I told you it will be a surprise," he said trying to move away from the ring.

A young woman with beautiful long hair and purple eyes appeared behind him.

"So, You're Hizette?"

Who was this? Hizette's cold face turned to Lila's curious eyes. And why was she here?