Chapter 75 - Bicker Between Mother and Son (1)

"Why are you here?" Camerline's voice shot out before Lila had her chance to question. She sounded very not pleased as if someone had disrupted her tea-time.

The deep voice of an adult male rang out. "Why did you hide where you were going, Mother?"

Lacias sat next to Lila like he had been with them the entire time. While he was smiling, she could tell he was a bit annoyed from his eyes. That annoyance quickly disappeared when they fell on the woman sitting next to him.

"Have you been well?" He asked slowly.

"Yes." Lila nodded lightly, and while she had been surprised at Lacias' entrance, she was now calm.

He immediately melted at her response. "I wasn't well because I wanted to see you." He said, bringing his hands closer to hers.

Lila felt a little astonished at her fiance acting this way in front of his mother in public. Like clockwork, Camerline's face turned to a grimace as she clucked her tongue.

"You do not give me a chance to be alone with my daughter."

"I'm giving you a chance to be with your son." Lacias smartly replied.

"I don't want it." Camerline retorted.

"Your face seems to be welcoming me."

"I recommend going to a doctor for your eyes soon."Camerline seemed to be intensely irritated, but Lacias just egged her on with a smile regardless of her reaction.

"Sharing makes things more enjoyable." He added.

Lila looked back at Camerline, she sincerely thought that she would burst out in rage at her annoying son, but instead, she just let out a laugh.

"Your logic says that I should follow you two during your honeymoon."

Lacias immediately closed his mouth shut after that remark and Lila had to admire Camerline for managing the feat.

He gained a bit of courage when he turned back to a snickering Lila. "That's nonsense, and I will chase you out even if you are my mother."

"Why are you so angry when I was only following your logic?"

"Ugh ... Mother."

The way they argued with each other was strangely similar, it made sense as she was the woman who gave birth to him. Camerline had a triumphant smile on her face knowing that she had won. The loser then leaned against Lila for some emotional support.

"Lila, I was scolded." He said in a jest.

"Don't worry, I was there, and you earned that."

"Oh no, You're on ... her side?" His sad demeanor got even more tragic and he put more of his weight on her shoulder. Yet she let him rest there, she felt bad knowing that this sad puppy needed some comfort. Not to mention that she liked his face from that angle.

"Lila, he will become bad-mannered if you spoil him like that."

"He will?"

"Yes, look at him now. He had not been like that before, and you're the one who will suffer."

"Thank you, I'll train him well."

Lacias laughed subtly at their talk, but wisely chose not to add to their conversation as it was getting out of hand. Knowing that his fiance was smiling brightly, he would do anything for her to keep that smile, he enveloped her hand with his big ones before lifting his weight from her shoulder.

He took in as much as the sweet aroma that was emanating from her, although he didn't like the smell, with her he felt as if he was in heaven. Lacias wanted to spend the rest of his life like this, but Camerline's high voice broke his trance, which in turn encouraged him to get off her shoulder.

"Why are you bothering me now by coming here?" She questioned, trying to add more irritation to her voice.

"Why? I'm allowed to come here."

"You're interfering with our outing."

"You should have told me where you were going in the first place."

"What do you mean? I want you gone."

Lila thought things were getting loud but still liked the lively tension between the two.

"You could have just said that you were coming here. Why did you hide your destination when it will be revealed anyway?"

"I'm curious why you should be here."

Lila bit down a laugh with a lowered head.

"Why, is there a reason I shouldn't come?"

"Of course!"

"What is that?"

Camerline looked down at Lacias like how he could not know the reason. He just tilted his head at his mother's face. "How can a bridegroom see his bride's wedding dress before his wedding?"

"...."

"If you had come with me, Lila would not have worn it at all!"

Camerline looked like a winner again, and Lila secretly wished Lacias had won so she could get out of this exhausting work. She sent a withering look his way, but he did not understand the intention. Lila sighed to herself knowing that he was bad at reading emotions. Lugar would have vehemently opposed had he known.

"Dress? It's beginning to get real. Lila, how was it?" Lacias' eyes sparkled like the ocean, and Lila answered as she looked into them.

"It was very beautiful."

"I fought with Mother on that one and can't wait to see the design."