Chapter 150 - For Mother (2)

No matter how much he thought about it, there was no specific situation that made him feel this way, he just wasn't seeing her as often as he used to before, and when they do cross paths she no longer sticks with him to have conversations but she rather leaves urgently or turns her head without taking notice to him.

Those little pieces came together to push Hir into his anxiety. Hizette quietly listened to his ranting, and then slowly nodded his head.

"In my opinion." Hizette started.

"Yes... ?"

"I think it's just that Madam Lila is too busy."

"Is that so... ?" Hirs face brightened. A pretty blush appeared again on his cheeks that once appeared cold.

"Yes. Madam Lila is very busy with many things these days, so she must be feeling tired. I think the young master might have come to think of such things because you saw her with less energy than usual."

Hir nodded crazily. "You're right Hizette!"

Having completely been relieved of his worries, he looked in awe as if Hizette was a winged angel who had come down from heaven. Hizette didn't sweet-talk. He always gave honest answers.

"Right. Come to think of it, I did see my mother working hard, and I saw that there were lots of white drawing papers piled up."

"Yes. It's because there's a lot of investigations going on. And they're documents, not drawing papers."

"They looked similar to the papers I drew on."

"You might as well draw a picture."

"Huh...?" Hir was confused and watched as Hizette looked for papers in the room. He also took out a colorful ink pen. It was because it seemed that if he did not divert Hir's attention to somewhere else, he would go back to the window again and repeat 'Please make the rain stop' with a gloomy face.

"Why don't you draw a picture and give it to Madam Lila as a present? Since she's busy, you might want to send the drawing through a servant."

"That's a go- good idea... !"

Hir immediately sat down on the floor and started drawing various things. Thinking that it was a drawing that he would give to Lila, his concentration seemed to have risen and his attention was completely taken by it, forgetting that he wanted to practice in the first place.

"What are you drawing?"

"You'll see!"

The blank paper, which was white a moment ago, gradually became more colorful. Dark colors were excluded, it was a drawing full of bright colors only.

Slowly watching the painting, Hizette figured out what Hir was drawing. With a small smile, he gave Hir a small smirk.

*

Knock, knock, knock.

The sound of a gentle knocking echoed throughout the room which had been shrouded in silence. Lila, who was mechanically writing her name on a card, raised her head.

After permitting entry, the door slid open slowly and quietly.

"Jane?"

"Yes! It's me! Ah, you've been writing your name on the wedding invitation card. Time really seems to go by quickly. Can't believe that it's already time to send out the cards"

"I think so too. But what made you come here?" Asked Lila to cut to the chase.

"I brought you a little surprise." With a wide grin on her face, Jane paced towards Lila's desk while holding some sort of document in her hands. It was obscured by Jane's hands, however, so she couldn't know what it was.

Seeing The maid's excited face, she also smiled along and asked. "I wonder what's making you look so happy?"

With Lila sitting patiently, Jane pulled out what she was hiding with an expectant face. "This is...."

"This is the young master Hir's drawing!" Jane couldn't help but complete her words. "Don't you think he's very good at it? Especially the drawing of you. These eyes and lips really resemble you."

Even while trying to hide it, Lila smiled slightly at the adorable drawing. It wasn't a drawing as good as Jane's praise. But thinking of him holding a colorful crayon to draw with his little hand, relief spread in Lila's heart. She slowly raised her hand and touched the vivid colors.

It's me, Lacias, and Hir....

In the drawing, they were all standing together holding hands and smiling brightly. It almost resembled a real family.

Did our family look so happy in Hir's eyes? It felt like a current whirring through her chest when she touched the paper. She felt like her guilt got stained with black and it spread through her entire body.

But this is the only way to make Hir's life perfect.

To not forget the first time she possessed, Lila always reminded herself of that time in her heart. A heavy responsibility was dangling on her shoulder and appealing its presence.

"Can you give it to me?" asked Lila with a slightly demanding voice.

"Yes. Take a closer look! How can he draw the line so straight? I guess it's because he has a good innate personality. Really, he is very well-rounded."

Lila chuckled at the remark. Even the hedgehog finds its cubs pretty, but as a mother herself, his drawing wasn't good enough to receive such excessive praise. Yet Jane brought a storm of praises with her.

"I guess The duke appears big in his eyes. Look at the length of his legs, haha. It's almost the same length as the young master's entire body."

"It really looks like that," said Lila, thinking about their height difference.

She gently touched the drawing again with her fingertips. This time with a cautious attitude, as if she was touching a noble relic. Her second index finger moved from Hir to the drawing of Lacias, then stopped on the drawing of her.

"I think he drew me much more beautifully than how I actually look."

Jane looked at the drawing then looked back at Lila for comparison. "You look the same to me. And I'm sure you look the same to the young master as well."

"No," she said, not looking up from her portrait. "I look much more beautiful here."