Chapter 193 - Justice

The trial was going very favorably for Lila. Through The Wipere Family Wealth informant, she was able to put Baron Blake into deeper water than he was already in.

It was enough shame for nobles to be referred to a trial. When they were being sentenced lightly, they would open a trial on purpose and pretend to care, but this was a different situation.

"Baron Doug Blake, do you concede to all the crimes that Captain Stelle of The Wipere Knights has listed?"

"I- I don't!" He opposed, with a tinge of fear in his voice. "Not even a single one!"

"But according to the report by Captain Roxana Stelle, there is evidence for each crime. The more you deny the truth, the higher your sentence becomes."

The judge already lost interest in Doug Blake's defense after realizing that the Wipere family opened a trial. Even he didn't want to be on their wrong side.

"Your honor-"

"Order! Order in the court!"

Doug Blake couldn't hide his anger from the court attendees. The knights that were protecting the judge immediately stood in Doug Blake's way.

"Captain Stelle's claim seems very plausible," said the judge concludingly.

Normally Doug Blake would be aware of the situation against him, but hearing the judge's claim made him lose his rationale. Mostly because his own daughter was going against him.

"L- Lila Wipere! Tell us. Come out and tell us!" Doug Blake shouted loudly at Lila, who was sitting at the seats available at the back. Naturally, she ignored him.

The past me was more submissive. In her previous life, Lila was turned into a machine without pride after continuous abuse. Even if she rebelled a little, she would be returned with pain so she just gave up

Seeing the defendant's desperation Roxana frowned. "I've just witnessed you insult Duchess Wipere on her wedding day and now this? Baron Doug Blake, you are disgusting."

From this scene alone it seemed like the judge had made his decision. The more Doug Blake fumed, the wider Lila's grin grew.

How stupid, he still thinks he has any ruling over me.

This current world was different from the one they once lived in. Showing his fury or claiming that the child was his property didn't work here. This place was run completely by power. Unlike their previous life, however, Lila was the person in power here.

Even if Roxana didn't investigate thoroughly, Lila would still win the prosecution from sheer reputation alone. This was the world where everyone was trying to be on Lila's good side.

"Hey, you! don't think I can't reveal who you really are!" Warned Doug Blake while pointing at Lila.

He was acting like a fool like he gave up or gone crazy. The more he was restrained by the judge's knights, the more aggressive he became.

Does he think I'll get scared and join his side?

They both knew well that no one would believe that they were hosting a body that wasn't theirs. If Doug Blake spoke the truth, he would be sent to a mental institute. The truth wasn't important.

As Lila didn't lose her smile even at his threat, Doug Blake's face changed slightly. Then it turned as red as an apple. He seemed to finally realize his future.

Seeing his sorry state behind the table, Lila stood up. "May I leave?"

"Oh my. We kept a busy person for too long!" The judge cried out apologetically. "Of course you may leave."

"I'll clean up." Added Roxana.

After nodding at both Roxana and the judge, Lila left the courtroom, leaving the writhing baron behind.

A carriage was already prepared and waiting for the duchess to take her leave in front of the courthouse. It was marked in beautiful gold streaks, boasting to everyone that it belonged to someone powerful.

"Ah, you came, Lugar." greeted Lila as she left the looming structure.

Lugar kneeled and replied cheerfully. "Yes, ma'am. The honor of escorting you came to me."

He kneeled so she could step on his thigh into the carriage but Lila shook her head.

"It's ok," she said.

"Don't worry ma'am, my legs are strong."

Although the hem of her dress was in the way, it was enough for her to get up on the not-so-high carriage.

As she walked around the kneeling knight and jumped into the carriage, Lugar had a disappointed look on his face.

"Feels like I was rejected by you... Ah, please keep this as a secret from the master."

Lila covered her mouth to hide a chuckle. "Sure. I'll keep it our secret. Now come on up."

"Thank you."

After feeling the weight of a second person jumping into the horseman scanned the carriage one last time before taking off. "Mr. Knight. Please take good care of me today," he said while looking in Lugar's direction.

"Uhh yes." Responded Lugar halfheartedly. "No harm will come our way...."

He was too focused on repeatedly eyeing Lila's face and looking back. He clearly wanted something from her.

Lila tilted her head curiously. "You can say it. What is it?" she asked.

"What?! I don't have anything to say!" He sounded as though he was caught red-handed.

"You did then."

Lugar rolled his eyes around. "I... did... not...."

From Lila's point of view, it was certainly a lie, so she tried acting like she didn't care. "If not then it's fine. Seems like I was mistaken."

"... Uh, so." Lugar didn't have much patience. "When you went to the courthouse.... I heard you went with Roxana...."

"That's right."

So It's about Roxana! Lila couldn't hide her interest inside but she had a feeling he would ask about the captain.