Chapter 45 - The Future Duchess (2)

Lila left the room with Lugar and closed the door behind her. They were at the Wipere Knights lodgings where the knights would spend their time during their time at the property. While the other knights would return to their houses after missions, Hizette would return to the lodgings. He had no place to call home so Lacias made an exception to let him settle down at the lodgings.

Lila smiled to herself with a grateful feeling in her heart. To think that I would ever be able to be here. She felt delighted to just see her second favorite character in his home, mine as well gain his immediate respect. She truly felt like a lucky person at that moment. Just then her thoughts were interrupted by the very person who they were formed around.

"I apologize for keeping you waiting."

"I did not wait long."

Hizette wore a formal black and blue attire with a dark blue cape and a golden crest on both the cape and tunic. She immediately recognized it as the Wipere family knight uniform from the descriptions in the original.

He really thinks that this is a mission. She snickered to herself. She didn't let the snicker fade away as she left it as a smile and looked towards Hizette who put on a serious look on his face. She was glad that he was the same character as the original.

*

Lila sat silently, feeling lonely at the Countess Fasha's manor. The manor was big and luxurious and yet she wasn't even served a cup of tea. She knew that it was done on purpose.

Lila caught the arm of a passing by maid. "Madame Fasha seems busy. Tell her I'm going back."

"No, she's coming down now!"

Lila's brow furrowed. "She very intentionally made me wait an hour without anything happening." She calmed a little when she saw Fasha's face appearing at the entrance of the room. It was most certainly not a welcoming face, but Lila was glad she wasn't lied to.

Fasha sat down and cut to the chase. "Give it to me." She demanded.

Lila very well expected her to do that and complied to her. "Here."

Fasha aggressively took the document in hand and read through the will to make sure it was real.

"This can't be true!" She read through twice and thrice to see if she had missed anything.

"It is true since everything is written here."

Fasha slammed the document on the table. "How can a lowly being like you come to our family and steal our belongings!"

Lila didn't even bother hiding her smile. "Viscount Marshmell gave me the house, so you would have to question him."

Fasha's eyes twitched, she couldn't handle her anymore. "You devil, how dare you to talk back to your elder!"

She quickly scoured her hand across the table searching for any beverage to splash at the sorry excuse of a woman, but alas she remembered ordering her maids to treat her as if she were invisible so no tea was poured for her. Instead she held the paper in front of Lila and opted for her last resort.

"This is most certainly not true! and you will not be inheriting the mansion, ever!" She screamed, tearing the documents to shreds.

In the midst of the falling paper Fasha saw Lila's smile as apparent as the light of dawn. How could she not be bursting in tears right now?!

Lila rubbed her chin. "Hm. I expected you to do that, that's why I showed you a fake."

"What?!" Fasha was in shambles, the demon before her found ways to trick her at every given opportunity.

"That is a copy, and the real will is here." She said, holding out a brand new document just out of her reach.

"You ... little!"

Lila shook the real will in front of Fasha's face as if she were some zoo animal.

The old woman became even more livid. "Are you ... teasing me?"

"I'm only telling you the truth." Lila's dry voice rang the room, and Fasha screamed like she had been hit by lightning.

"How can I believe that you brought this from the Ahibalt Bank and you had not manipulated the will?!"

"Oh, here it is."

Lila fluttered the storage record from the bank with her other hand, and Fasha lost her voice.

"You dare to insult me?!"

Lila started getting up from her chair. "It was unintentional, but yes."

Lila's indifferent voice made Fasha even angrier.

"Hey! I'm not done with you!"

Fasha could not restrain herself and screamed without any dignity, she would have grabbed Lila's hair if she was in reach.

Lila turned to a more condescending tone. "My name is Lila, not, hey." before letting the woman go into any more fits of anger Lila continued. "Oh, and have you not heard?"

"What are you talking about?!"

The news about Lila's betrothed was now all over the social circles from the party. It was all they could talk about.

"I'll become Duchess Lila Wipere." She said bitterly. "While you're just a mere Countess."

Fasha didn't even have time to think about her situation, she was at a loss for words as well as thoughts.

"So try to be more polite. Fasha."