Chapter 166

It's awkward, but it doesn't feel bad at all.

Lila always thought he was a wonderful person ever since she read the original novel, but when she met him in real life, he was a hundred times more wonderful than what she read about.

"Should we hold hands? When will we enter?"

Instead of responding with words, Lacias answered her by grabbing her hand tightly. She thought about linking her arms with him as well but quickly changed her mind. She thought it would be more impactful if the two of them held hands together, looking proud.

"The time has really come," she said, recollecting all her moments until then.

"Let's go in."

And with that the door opened slowly and the two could already hear the applause of all their guests congratulating them for being together.

"Woo!"

"Congratulations!"

The crowd's cheering reverberated through the hall as Lila slowly walked out the center of the hall. You couldn't not let your eye be caught by the fanciness of Lila's outfit. Her shiny dress was enough to attract the attention of a lazy cat on a warm day.

"He looks like he's been lured by something. Doesn't he?"

"Hahaha, I think so too."

Roxana and Lugar, who were watching the two from a far corner of the wedding hall, burst into laughter. In their eyes, Lacias' face looked pretty funny. Others might not have noticed, but Roxana and Lugar could tell right away that their master was very nervous.

"I never thought I'd see him so nervous," said Lugar, analyzing his master's face. "I just rubbed my eyes a few times but nothing changed. I thought it was a dream."

"I know right." Replied Roxana, doing just that. "To be honest, I even thought that maybe the master's blood was blue, or as cold as ice. But now that I think of it, I think he's no different from us."

"I also thought of that a long time ago. I think it was around the time I was getting hell-like training."

"Yes. I think it was around that time for me too."

Recalling the funny memories, they looked at the faces of the couple walking out. Although they felt a little awkward, the couple definitely looked happy.

"We should really keep our heads on straight today"

"I just thought about that too."

Roxana spoke in a firm voice. Considering Lacias's state, keeping a hawk's eye out should definitely be their priority. If an unexpected incident were to happen, Lacias would not forgive her like he did other days. She had to keep her head on straight and make every effort to prevent any incidents at this wedding.

"Lugar. Any report?"

"Ah, I was about to tell you just a while ago, but I'm still looking into it. Nothing's been confirmed...."

"What? What happened?" Roxana frowned in an instant. She asked without much thought because she expected there to be no report. "Also, why are you telling me this now?"

"I-I thought it was right to look into it first before making a report. Sorry...."

"Sorry?"

"I'm really sorry...." Seeing Roxana frowning, Lugar straightened his posture and dropped his head. No matter how friendly she was to him, Roxana was still his superior. "I wasn't thinking straight...."

"So what exactly happened?" She asked after lowering her tone a notch. Roxana wanted to believe that he didn't report to her right away because it wasn't a big deal.

"I think it was Madam Lila who ordered me to look into it-"

Puck!

The sound of Lugar's head being smacked imitated that of a pumpkin being smashed.

"You crazy bastard. Are you now reporting to me what Madam Lila told you to check way earlier? You must be out of your mind."

"I have no excuses. This is my fault...."

Roxana let out a dry sigh and ruffled her hair. She tied her hair up with an annoyed face and opened her mouth. "Report to me exactly what happened without leaving out a single thing."

"Madam Lila's maid. Was her name Jane? That maid came to me and delivered her a message...."

Lugar reported in detail what Jane told him earlier. The maid told him that the carriage information that Madam Lila was going to use, which had been clearly communicated to the Knights, had changed. Although Lila did not reveal the knight's name who cracked down on the carriage, Lugar wanted to find out who the knight was, which led to a delay.

Roxana did not open her mouth until Lugar finished reporting. She let out a long, dry sigh as if she was lost in thoughts. "Let's not report this to the master for now."

"Yes. Let's not ruin his mood since it seems like we can deal with this ourselves."

"Yea. We would've already solved this issue by now if you told me earlier."

"...."

If she found this out before the wedding started, Roxana would've been able to leave her assigned position for a while to grasp the situation with her own eyes. But the ceremony had already started so she could not leave the hall. If something were to happen after she left she would most certainly be fired as commander.