Chapter 34 - The Three Guards (1)

Lila's eyes widened, she was completely not expecting him to get her a gift, she didn't feel comfortable accepting a gift from him after all.

"I had been making something in my room ... I'll go and bring it now."

She finally found out the reason why he always hid something when she entered his room. She couldn't believe that he was actually hiding a gift that he was making for herself.

"Uhh ... Mother?" He said coming back with an item in his hand.

Lila's mind went blank, she didn't even notice that he had returned. Her favorite person in the whole world had made a gift just for her. She was so moved that she knew that she would have trouble sleeping at night.

Hir looked at the contents of his hand, "I wasn't sure that you would like this ... but-"

"Oh my goodness Hir! I would be happy with whatever you give me, don't worry!"

Hir slowly gave Lila a lovely red rose. The green stem was tied with a purple ribbon, and it was clear that Hir had put a lot of work into it. She also noticed that there were no thorns on the rose.

Ah.

Lila turned her gaze to Hir's hands, and as she had guessed, his palms were covered with scratches. Lila silently stared at Hir's wounds and opened her mouth.

"Hir."

"Yes-"

"I really like it. Thank you so much."

"But you ... gave me macarons, chocolate puddings, and this swing. This is nothing compared-"

Lila felt like her heart would burst, so she suppressed it by quickly pulling him close.

*

"You're finally drinking that." Lacias spoke with a bright voice. "You usually push the tea I serve for you to a corner of the table"

I Have? She couldn't remember doing that but she didn't take much attention to it.

"What am I drinking now?" She said looking into the contents of her cup. It was hot chocolate filled with white marshmallows. She couldn't believe that she fell into his trap.

That's embarrassing.

She finally remembered that the bitterness of the tea made her push the cup away. She unconsciously liked the hot chocolate and continued drinking it because of its sweetness.

Lacias was wearing a semi-proud, semi-satisfied face. "I made this because you said you liked sweets, and it worked."

"You're right." She admitted.

"But, do you like sweets that much?"

Lila decided to ignore that, not liking the way she was being treated, as if she was a child in a candy store. Lacias laughed at her response, making Lila's flush ever so red.

"Alright enough of that, Please sign the contract."

"I'll prepare hot chocolate from now on." He stated, deliberately trying to annoy her, he thought of her embarrassed face as cute.

Lila pushed the contract towards Lacias, and after he signed the contract, they could not nullify it.

"Why are you rushing things? I'm going to spend a lot of time with you today."

Where did her say in the matter go? Lila laughed because she had not planned to stay long. Lacias signed with graceful letters and took the contact in his hand.

"I'll store this then."

Lacias was smiling, but Lila tried to stop him because she felt something ominous.

"Don't you think Ahibalt Bank is better?"

She had heard that Ahibalt Bank had security even the royal family could not touch, and Fasha had not been able to say anything when Lila mentioned the will being there. However, Lacias's smile only grew at the words.

"My safe is the most secure place in this empire."

"Are you saying that the bank is not safe?"

Lacias raised an eyebrow at her question. "You took out Visciount Marshmell's will from the bank a few days ago."

Lila had a surprised look on her face, but he continued anyway. "The will says you will inherit the manor."

"How did you-" Lila realized that even the most secure bank in the empire was in Lacias's hands. And that's secure? She had not realized that Lacias was receiving information from the back in secret.

"It's amazing that your hands reach that bank."

"You're the one that's amazing." Lacias spoke in a light tone. "You knew information that even I did not know."

It was true that Lila knew top-secret information as the novel would explain only important things in detail.

"I have a question."

"Speak." Lacias approached Lila.

"About the ring, you spoke about." Lila asked him about the ring because she thought Hir would suffer less if he learned the skill quickly.

"How many people can use it?"

"You really are interested."

"To an extent."

Lacias stared at Lila and moved to sit next to her and completely turned his body so he could only see her. He then spoke with satisfaction. "Those born in the Wipere family are close to rings and come in contact with them early. It can be said that most of us are able to use them."

"So, what about the Wiperes who cannot use them?"

"The ones who are not users are left out from the family." he said completely blankly.

"Those living in rural areas are such cases."

"Yes, you are smart."

Lila's calm eyes looked at Lacias. "Could you show it to me again?"