Chapter 100 - Sharing More Than a Gift

Lila thought for a moment, it must have been Hizette coming back to hand back the jewelry box. It was perfect he was just on time. Lila stood up to open the carriage door but Lacias stopped her and stretched towards the door himself.

Behind the door, they were met with a pair of bright red eyes. Hizzete bowed first before leaning back up and talking.

“I-”

Lacias cut him off before he could start. “Whatever. What brings you here?”

His voice was hostile, he did not like someone ruining his romantic mood.

“It’s Ms. Lila’s belongings.”

Hizette passed the jewelry box to Lacias and he nodded indifferently, shutting the door immediately after. Hizette, who was bowing courteously, soon left.

Lila winced for a moment, she thought the door was shut too rudely, but by the look on Lacias’s face, it seemed like only he thought that way. He on the other hand had a wide smile waving the box in his hands.

“What is this?”

“It’s a gift from your mother. A wedding gift.”

“A wedding gift?”

“Yes. So why did you shut the door so ferociously?” Asked Lila, wanting to get straight to the point.

Lila’s scolding instantly made Lacias quiet.

“Who cares…” He did not have the enthusiasm he had moments ago.

“He could have been offended.”

She understood that he wanted to be alone with her, but slamming the door was too rude and intolerable.

Lacias stayed quiet like a little puppy getting scolded by its owner. All he gave her was a sad stare full of discontent.

Lila continued trying not to fall for his tricks again. “Don’t worry about other men in front of me.”

“Here we go again…”

“What do you mean here we go again … ?” She talked to herself as she recognized the familiar pattern in their conversation. Lacias didn’t miss what Lila said, and let out a small pout.

She sighed and chose to continue with a warmer tone. “The person I was concerned about wasn’t Hizette. it was you.”

Lacias was a smart man and understood Lila’s intentions at once. He looked content once again. He stroked the jewelry box and asked. “May I open it?”

“Of course, it’s yours.”

“But it was for you.”

“No, it’s for the two of us as a wedding gift.”

“The two of us … that’s nice to hear.” The tip of Lacias’ ears turned red. He tilted his head down and grinned shyly.

How could one person be so handsome … ?

His handsomeness was immaculate. Would there be anybody who was not captivated by his attractiveness? Lila shook her head and looked back at the gift in his hands. “Take a look. I was very surprised when I first saw it.”

“Oh really?”Lacias quietly murmured as he opened the jewelry box. He noticed the models and the scattering rings inside.

Is this the sort of thing Lila likes? He thought to himself. Quite cute.

Instead of being thankful, Lacias was too busy trying to learn more about Lila’s taste in gifts such as these. Lacias hastily memorized the colors and shapes as he closed the box.

“It’s pretty.” He stated quickly trying to act surprised

“I know. I was so amazed. Mother-in-Law suggested that we put it in our bedroom to protect us from danger.”

“Ah, the bedroom.” Lacias slowly stroked the box and grinned as he came up with a good idea. “I have an idea.”

“What kind of idea?”

“I can protect you from danger instead. We’ll be using the same bedroom anyways.”

Lila didn’t know what to say to that, so Lacias just kept going. “So let’s place this in Hir’s bedroom.”

“In Hir’s bedroom?”Lila couldn’t hide her excitement. “That’s a perfect idea.” She was glad that the idea was better than what she had in mind.

“Right? Then let’s put it in Hir’s bedroom.”

Just as Lacias said, it would be more beneficial to place it in Hir’s bedroom rather than a couple’s. As long as Lacias was present, the jewelry box would be practically useless.

Lila seemed satisfied at that conclusion but then realized the weight of the occasion. Wait, did we even agree on using the same bedroom?

The subject was talked about so nonchalantly that even Lila was getting confused. They were under a contract marriage, so why were they using the same room like an actual married couple? Everything about it was questionable, but Lacias remained bubbly with an adorable smile.

“Wait … we’re going to share the same bedroom?

Lacias looked puzzled at Lila’s question as if he could not understand why such a thought entered her mind at all. “Why of course, because we are married.”

“We are married, but we’re under a contract.”

“Does that mean we can’t use the same bedroom? How come?”

“Well,  not quite … but still.” She didn’t know how to phrase her thoughts.

“Is it stated in the contract that we need to use separate rooms?”

“No, there’s no such detail.”

“Then we’re clear.” Lacias wore the widest smile he possibly could. She was captivated by his gorgeous smile for a second before she regained consciousness. Or at least semi-consciousness before Lacias kept talking.

“You only asked for one thing. The rest depended on me. Correct?”

“Huh … ?”

“We will be using the same bedroom.” It felt as if someone hit her in the head. She felt defeated for some reason. Meanwhile, Lacias was beaming excitedly.