CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: DREAM

The door is swung open by Nick when I knock. He has a big goofy smile on his face as he drags me into the house.

Clay is walking into the living room, balancing three popcorn bowls in his hands. He tilts his chin up in a greeting before carefully placing the bowls on a crafting table.

Nick is still holding onto my wrist. "Okay, here. Sit here, y/n."

I sit where instructed and look up to him. "What's going on?"

"We want to show you something." Nick grabs one of the popcorn bowls and shoves it into my hands. "Ready?"

I glance at Clay as if that's going to reassure me. He seems relaxed, but there's an underlying look in his eyes of nervousness.

I smile the best that I can to be reassuring, pushing my own nerves away. "Ready."

Clay grabs a remote and turns on the TV. It's on a paused YouTube video. I can see two minecraft players freeze framed. Sapnap and Georgenotfound.

"So this is a guy named Dream. He's a Minecraft Youtuber." Clay begins to explain. "He coded an elevator video that may be kind of familiar to you."

Wait a second...

"And he's got this friend named Sapnap." Nick smiles. "He's cool."

The boys sit on either side of me before pressing play.

"This video we had a developer and friend of ours code a hundred deadly floors on a minecraft elevator with one goal: make the elevator kill us."

My ears perk up at the familiar voice. I look at Clay. "Is that Dream talking?"

Clay just nods while Nick nudges me. "Would you shush? I'm trying to watch."

Then, there on the screen, my code launches three zombies at the minecraft characters. My jaw drops.

That's their big secret. That's what they've been hiding from me. I stay quiet through the whole video, but my mind races with questions.

Once it's done, Clay reaches over to turn the TV off, then both boy's eyes land on me, waiting for a reaction.

"How many views did my code give you?" I ask jokingly.

He chuckles. "It's not posted yet. I wanted to get your permission first."

"Sure why not. I'm sure I'll make you famous for that awesome code." I laugh.

"Too late for that." Nick laughs now. "Guy's got like twenty-nine million subscribers.

My head flips towards Clay. "Oh my god."

He just shrugs with a smile.

"And you had no idea, y/n," Nick continues, "like the loser you are."

I roll my eyes. "Well, I know now, and I'm your biggest fan."

Clay raises his brow. "That might be a hard title to achieve."

"I mean," Nick says, "they kind of beat the stans since they know what you look like."

"You're faceless?" I ask Clay.

He nods. "You are one of the very few who know what I look like. Not even George knows yet."

"George doesn't know what you look like?" My jaw should honestly just stay on the floor with the amount of times it's dropped today. "Is he faceless too?" In the one conversation we had, I didn't see what he looks like.

"No, his face is everywhere." Nick grabs his phone.

"Let me see what he looks like." I reach my hand out.

Nick faces his phone screen towards me, and I can see a brunett guy.

I nod once. "I can see it."

Clay wheezes. "What does that mean?"

"You know." I shrug. "His voice just fits his face."

Nick nods along. "I can see it, too."

We hang out for a little longer before I go home. When I get in my car, there are three things that I can wrap my head around.

One. Nick is a famous streamer/youtuber, and that's why he paid me so much.

Two. Clay is faceless, and that's why I wasn't able to actually meet him before.

Three. They must trust me a lot if they told me.

My mind flashes to what George said, so I add a fourth.

Four. They want to keep me around for a little while.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

and NOW the story begins....

have an amazing day <33