🏔Chapter Twenty-eight🏔

Y/n's POV

I stood outside the tea shop, hesitant to enter.

My legs shaking, I began to slowly walk in.
The tea shop was fairly large, many people sitting inside drinking tea.

Looking around, I saw the back of a familiar old man.

I slowly walked up behind him.

"...one cup of jasmine tea?" I asked quietly.

He turned around, his eyes then widening.

"Y/n!" He shouted, throwing his arms around me. "Where have you been? I was worried sick!" He said. "You were gone for more than a week."

"Y/n..?" A familar voice said.

I turned my head to see Zuko standing there in uniform, a cup of tea in hand.
Suddenly, his arms were around me as well.

"Xin Fu and Yu." I whispered. "They stuck me with shirshu darts."
I moved away a little to pull back part of my shirt, revealing the mark from one of the darts.

I then looked at Iroh.

"I'm so sorry." I said, my eyes tearing up. "That night, I have no idea what came over me. I-"
The old man's arms were once again around me.

"The past is in the past, Y/n. I'm just glad you're now safe." He said, gently stroking my hair.

"...you never told me you were opening a tea shop." I sniffled, smiling. "Though I should've expected something like that from you. Opening your own teashop."

He grinned.

"Our teashop." He corrected, walking to the counter and grabbing something.
He came back and handed me the uniform.

I looked up at him, surprised.

"Really-?!" I asked, eagerly grabbing it.

"Really. You can start whenever." He said.

"Now." I answered, taking a step forward, then almost falling over.

"Why don't you rest for a day? You must be tired." Zuko said, wrapping his arm around me for support.

"Zuko will show you where you can rest." Iroh replied. "I need to go make some tea!"

I gulped, looking at Zuko.

"Here, follow me." Zuko said, helping me walk.

He led me into the back and sat me down on a small couch, sitting down next to me.

"Zuko.." I mumbled, unsure of what to say.

"I was so worried about you." He said, wrapping his arms around me.

Part of me really wanted to believe him. But the other part of me wouldn't.

"...I saw." I whispered.

"Saw what?" He asked, confused.

"I saw you and that girl kiss." I said quietly, tearing up.

"Y/n, that kiss meant nothing to me." He said.

"Does that mean ours didnt mean anything, either?" I replied.

"Don't say that. You know it meant something to me, Y/n." He said, gently holding my hands in his. "You mean everything to me. Nothing will ever change that."

..Nothing, huh?

I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around him, resting my chin on his shoulder.

"..alright. I believe you." I finally said, looking at him.

He leaned over and placed a light kiss on my forehead.

"Go ahead and rest here. I'm going to go help uncle." He said, lovingly rubbing the top of my head.

"Okay." I smiled at him.

I layed down on the couch and watched him swiftly leave the room.