🔥Chapter Fifty-nine🔥

Y/n's POV

We walked together in silence, standing outside.

I leaned against the railing, looking out at the ocean.

"...We're upset about the same thing, aren't we?" I finally asked in a low voice.

He leaned against the railing next to me, looking off into the distance.

"...I wonder if it was true." Aang mumbled.

I shook my head, turning to face him.

"No." I said, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Aang, the play isn't accurate. I was barely in it, and I'm an Avatar. The play didn't get that right, just like they didn't get everyone elses actors right." I told him.

...Am I trying to convince Aang, or myself?

The door then opened.

"Are you guys all right?" Katara asked as she walked outside.

I nodded my head.

"I was just about to come inside." I said, walking past her. I opened the door and went inside, leaving the two.

I'm sure they need some time alone. I thought, holding my arms as I headed towards the theater.

"You're finally back." Zuko said, standing up.

"Yeah." I said, averting my eyes. "Where's everyone else?"

"The play started, so they went back in." He said, walking closer to me.

"And you?" I asked, finally looking at him.

"I stayed out here to wait for you." He replied.

I blinked.

"Oh... thank you." I mumbled.

I wasn't expecting that. I thought. You're overthinking things, Y/n. Him and Katara aren't like that.

I smiled, grabbing his hand.

"Let's get back to the play." I said, dragging him with me.

I heard him chuckle behind me.

We sat down in our seats.

"I'm sorry you missed some of the play because of me." I said quietly, leaning against his shoulder.

"It sucks anyway." He said, a small smile on his lips.

Out the corner of my eye, I saw Katara walk in and sit beside Toph.

"We finally made it to the royal palace, but no one's home!" Stage-Aang shouted.

"Actually, I'm home!" Stage-Zuko said. "And I want to join you." He said, pointing to himself.

I looked at Zuko and laughed.

"Looks like they got this part wrong, too." I said.

He rolled his eyes.

"I guess we have no choice." Stage-Sokka said. "Come on!"

The stage-actors ran off stage.

"I guess that's it." Sokka said, standing up. "The play's caught up to the present now."

"Wait." Suki said, grabbing his hand. "I don't think the play's over yet."

"But it is over." Sokka said, an eyebrow raised. "Unless... this is the future!"

"Shhhh." I said. "Let's just see what's going to happen."

Sokka nodded and sat back down next to Suki.

The stage changed to a view of the Stage-Fire Lord.

"With the energy harnessed from the comet, no one will be able to stop the Fire Nation!" Stage-Fire Lord said.

"Father, Zuko and the Avatar are at the palace. They're trying to stop you." Stage-Azula said, kneeling infront of him.

"You take care of Zuko." Stage-Fire Lord replied. "I shall face the Avatar myself." Smoke appeared around him, and by the time it dissipated, he was gone.

The scene changed again, now showing Stage-Zuko next to Stage-Aang. Stage-Azula stood nearby.

"Aang, you find the Fire Lord. I'll hold her off." Stage-Zuko said.

Stage-Aang nodded his head and lifted into the air.

"You are no longer my brother. You... are an enemy!" Stage-Azula shouted at Stage-Zuko.

"No. I'm the rightful heir to the throne!" He shouted back at her.

"We'll see." She replied, shooting blue streams of paper at him that mimicked lightning.

Stage-Zuko threw orange streams that minicked fire at Stage-Azula.

Stage-Azula then had large streams of orange sent toward Stage-Zuko, engulfing him.

Stage-Zuko began screaming.

"Honor!" He shouted as he fell to the ground.

Zuko and I looked at each other as the crowd in the theater began to cheer.

Stage-Aang walked to the middle of the stage, looking around.

"So you've finally mastered all four elements." Stage-Fire Lord said, sitting in his throne.

"Yeah!" Stage-Aang said, pointing his staff at the man. "And now you're going down!"

"No," Stage-Fire Lord began, "it is you who are going down." He stood up, approaching the boy. "You see, you are too late. The comet is already here. And I... am unstoppable!"

He shot streams of orange at the boy.

Stage-Aang twirled his staff to make it look like air to block the fake fire.

Suddenly, just as Stage-Zuko had been engulfed, so was the boy.

"No!" The boy screamed as he fell to the ground.

Stage-Azula walked out onto the stage.

"It's over, father." She said. "We've done it."

"Yes, we have done it." He replied. "The dreams of my father, and my fathers father, are now being realized. The world...is mine!"

The crowd began to cheer.

We all silently stood up and went outside.

"That... wasn't a good play." Zuko said, holding my hand as we walked.

"Agreed." I mumbled.

"I'll say." Aang replied.

"No kidding." Katara grumbled.

Suki nodded her head. "Horrible." She said.

"You said it." Toph said.

"But the effects were decent." Sokka said.