🏔Chapter Twenty-two🏔

Y/n's POV

"Y/n٫ what are those?" Zuko sighed.

"Hey٫ I just thought our new place could use some feminine touch." I shrugged٫ carrying a vase with flowers.

"This city is a prison. I don't want to make a life here." Zuko said٫ frowning.

I looked down.

"I'm just trying to make the best of things." I mumbled.

"Life happens where ever you are whether you make it or not. Now come on٫ I found us jobs and we start this afternoon." Iroh said.

Zuko took the flower vase from me.

"Hey٫ what are you doing?" I asked him.

"Let me carry them for you." He said.

I smiled.

"Thank you."

"Whatever."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Well٫ you three certainly look like official tea servers. How do you feel?" A man said.
He was the owner of the teashop Iroh got us jobs at.

"Ridiculous." Zuko said٫ frowning.

"It's perfect." I smiled.

"Does this possibly come in a larger size?" Iroh asked the man.

"I have extra string in the back. Have some tea while you wait." He smiled٫ disappearing into the back.

I poured a glass for Iroh and I٫ already knowing Zuko wouldn't want any.
I took a sip٫ then stuck my tongue out.

"Ew. This tastes horrible compared to your tea." I said.

"This tea is nothing more than hot leaf juice." Iroh said٫ disgusted.

"Uncle٫ thats what all tea is." Zuko said.

"What? How uncivilized are you?" I frowned.

"How could a member of my own family say something so horrible? We'll have to make some major changes around here." Iroh smiled٫ tossing the tea out the window.

~~~~~~~~~~

"This is the best tea in the city!" The man I gave tea to said.

"Thank you. I made this cup myself." I smiled٫ going towards the back.

"I don't like how you smiled at him." Zuko said٫ pulling me out of view.

"It was a customer٫ Zuko. I have to be polite." I explained. He pulled my body against his and pushed me against the wall.

"You're mine." He said٫ kissing my neck.

"A-ah... Zuko٫ please. We're at work." I breathed out.
He backed away.

"Fine. But the next chance I get٫" he towered over me٫ "I'm claiming you as mine." He turned away and went back into the main room.

I gulped.

Suddenly٫ I heard a voice I had begun to despise.

"I'm tired of waiting. These two men are firebenders holding a waterbender hostage!" The voice shouted.

I looked into the room and saw Jet٫ gripping his swords in his hands.

"Me? A hostage? Please٫ if they were firebenders٫ they couldn't keep me as a hostage if they tried." I said as I entered the room. "If you're not going to buy some tea٫ leave."

Jet narrowed his eyes at me.

"I know they're firebenders! I saw the old man heating his tea!" Jet accused.

"He works in a tea shop." A customer said.

"He's a firebender٫ I'm telling you!" Jet shouted٫ holding his swords up.

"Drop your swords٫ Jet." I said٫ taking a fighting stance.

"Y/n٫ stop." Zuko growled.

"You'll have to defend youself. Then everyone will know!" Jet shouted٫ running towards us. Zuko shoved me out the way and grabbed two swords from a soldier.
"Go ahead! Show them what you can do!" Jet grinned.

Since Y/n٫ Zuko٫ and Iroh are within Ba Sing Se's wall٫ they've mostly stopped calling eachother their fake names. They only use them when someone asks them their names ¯\_()_/¯