🏔Chapter Thirteen🏔

Y/n's POV

As she went to fire the lightning at Zuko, Iroh jumped in the way and redirected it into the open sky, then kicked her overboard.

"Iroh, let's go!" I shouted.

They  began running off the ship and deck, joining me on solid land as we ran.

~~~~~~~~~~

"I think we're safe here." Iroh panted, crouching down by the river.
He was in between me and Zuko. I kneeled down beside him.

Zuko pulled out a knife, cutting off his ponytail.

Iroh cut off his bun, then handed me the knife. I looked away, refusing to use anything of Zuko's. Bending water and freezing it into a sharp, thin piece of ice, I simply cut bangs for myself. We all stood up.

"You look nice with bangs." Zuko said, appearing beside me.
He was trying to be nice.

I turned away from him after glaring.

"Y/n, I'm sorry. I never should've hit you." He said.

"Then you shouldn't have!" I shouted at him. "Get away from me, I'm still mad at you." I said, pouting, moving to stand beside Iroh.

~~~~~~~~~~

We had been on the road for a while now. I hadn't spoken much to Zuko; I was still mad.
He now had a full head of hair, though it was still pretty short.

At night when they were both asleep, I often snuck away to practice my bending. I had managed to keep hold of the scrolls I stole before. Everything else was destroyed, apart from my bag.

"I didn't find anything to eat. I can't live like this. I wasn't meant to be a fugitive." Zuko shouted, kicking a bush. "This is impossible!" He looked at Iroh when he realized he ignored his tantrum. "Uncle, what are you doing?"

"I'm looking at the rare white dragon bush. It's leaves make a tea so delicious, it's heartbreaking." He said happily.

"Um- Iroh?" I said, getting up from under the tree I was resting under. "I'm pretty sure that's a white jade bush. It's not edible. It's poisoness." I crouched next to him.

"We need food, not tea." Zuko said, frustrated. "I'm going fishing." He started walking away.

I stood up.

"...can I join you?" I asked quietly.

He stopped walking, spinning around to look at me.

"Of course." He said, seeming happier already.

We silently walked to the river together.

Bending water, I got fish out the water and froze them to keep them fresh. All Zuko managed to do was spear a tiny fish.

After a while, we headed back to camp, having not said a word to each other.

"We're back." I said, carrying several frozen fish.
I dropped them all behind Iroh.

"Y/n, Zuko." Iroh said. "Remember that plant I thought might be tea?"

"No-" I began, horrified.

"You didn't." Zuko said with disbelief.

"I did." Iroh said. "And it wasn't." He turned around to face us, his flesh red and swollen.

"Iroh, when the rash spreads to your throat-" I began.

"-I'll stop breathing." He finished for me.

"We need to get help." Zuko said.

"Gee, really, captain obvious?" I said sarcastically.
The air around us became awkward. Zuko scratched his head awkwardly.

"Where are we going to go? We're enemies of the Earth Kingdom, and fugitives from the Fire Nation." Iroh said, itching his leg. It was covered in red.

"We may not need either of those." I mumbled, looking at Iroh's leg.

"What do you mean?" Iroh asked me.

I bended water out of my pouch and covered my hands in water.

"Please excuse me." I said, bending down and moving his hand out the way.
I placed my hands on his leg and took a deep breath, trying to concentrate. The water began to glow. 

"The redness is beginning to go away, but my healing isn't strong enough to completely cure it." I sighed. "I can only make it go away temporarily. We still need to get you medicine."

"If the Earth Kingdom discovers us, we'll be killed." Zuko said, thinking.

"But if the Fire Nation discover us, we'll be turned over to Azula." Iroh said.

"Earth Kingdom it is." I decided. "Let's eat. Zuko, you cook the fish. I'll do my best to keep healing Iroh." I said, bending more water onto my hands.

I healed Iroh as much as I could to where he was no longer itchy.
Zuko finished cooking the fish and we all ate.

Once we finished, we began moving to find Iroh medicine.