🔥Chapter Thirty-eight🔥

Y/n's POV

I took on a fighting stance, bending water around me.

Aang readied his staff, and the others took on a fighting stance.

"I heard you guys talking, so I figured I'd come and-"

I bended the water at his feet and froze him in place.

"Give me one good reason I shouldn't throw you off the cliff's edge right now." I hissed at him.

"Well, uh- I went to break you out of jail, but both you and Uncle were gone." He began. "I've changed, and I'm uh, good now. I think I should join the group, and I can teach firebending to Aang."

"I thought I said a good reason." I said, glaring at him.

"You can't possibly think that ANY of us would trust you after everything you've done, can you?" Katara shouted. "How stupid do you think we are?!"

I looked back at the girl.

"All you've ever done is try to hunt us down and capture Aang!" Sokka shouted.

"Y/n was, too!" Zuko argued.

"Yeah, and you turned on her!" Katara shouted. "You turned on one of the people who were always on your side. How do we know you wouldn't turn on us?!"

"I can understand why you wouldn't trust me, and I know I've made mistakes in the past-" Zuko began.

"Like when you attacked our village?" Sokka interrupted.

"Or when you stole my mother's necklace and used it to track us down and capture us?" Katara shouted.

"Or when you had me locked in a prison cell?!" I said angrily.

"I admit, I've done some awful things. I was wrong to try to capture you, and I'm sorry about the water tribe and prison. And I never should've sent that Fire Nation assassin after you." Zuko said. "I'm gonna try to stop him."

"Wait, YOU sent combustion man after us?!" Sokka shouted at him.

"What assassin?" I asked, frowning.

"He sent an assassin after Aang. He locked me and Katara in jail!" Toph shouted.

"And tried to blow us all up!" Sokka yelled.

Zuko looked at the ground, then at Aang.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" He asked the boy. "You once said you thought we could be friends."

Aang looked at his friends, then at Zuko.

"There's no way we can trust you after everything you've done." Aang said. "We'll never let you join us."

I unfroze his feet.

"You need to leave." I said, looking at the bottom of a pillar to avoid looking at him.

He looked down, then at us.

"I'm trying to explain that I'm not that person anymore!"

"Either you leave or we attack." Sokka said, taking a step closer to him with his boomerang in hand.

The boy seemed hesitant.

"If you won't accept me as a friend, then maybe you'll take me as a prisoner." He said, getting on his knees and extending his arms.

"No, we won't!" Katara shouted, hitting him with a stream of water.

The boy tumbled backwards.

"Get out of here and don't come back." Katara shouted at him.