🔥Chapter Thirty-five🔥

Y/n's POV

Weeks had passed of Iroh and I being in the prison cells.
Practicing on small rodents, I had mastered my blood bending.

Laying down on the floor, I stared at the ceiling.

Suddenly, the door opened.

"Dinner time." A gruff voice said.

The male guard walked into the room and put down a tray in front Iroh's cell.

He then moved to stand in front of my cell, holding a second tray in hand.

"Hah, how pathetic." He laughed. "Look at you, all covered in dirt. No wonder the Prince moved on so quickly." He dropped the tray in front of my cell, half of it spilling onto the floor.

I felt my heart drop.

As the man went to walk away, I grabbed the bars of the cell.

"Hey!" I shouted. "You said the Prince moved on. What do you mean by that?!"

The guard stopped, turning to look at me. A grin formed on his face.

"Haven't you heard? The Prince is with that girl, Mai. Looks like you're old news." He laughed, leaving the room.

I clenched my fists, punching the wall.

How could he...?

~~~~~~~~~~

Days had passed.

I was sitting on the ground, drawing in the dirt, trying to plan my escape.

If I earthbend out, that may look suspicious, so earthbending and metalbending are off the table. I scribbled out the earth symbol.
Firebending and airbending are off the table, too. But how the hell am I supposed to waterbend out of here?!

I groaned with frustration.

There should be a comet soon. That'll be my best chance for escape.

Suddenly, the door opened.

I quickly scribbled out my plans in the dirt.

"I brought you two some komodo-chicken." A familiar voice said.

My stomach growled.

I hadn't eaten a decent meal in so long.

I looked the direction of the voice, seeing the prince standing in front of my cell holding a box.

"I think you'll like it. Besides, it's better than prison food." He said, crouching infront of my cell.

I stared blankly at him, then turned away.

"Y/n, please." He pleaded. "...I need your help." He said, his voice slightly cracking.

"You need my help? Funny. You made it pretty clear that you don't need me." I scoffed. "Why don't you go to your new girlfriend for help?"

"...How do you know about her?" He asked, his voice slightly nervous.

I shrugged.

"That doesn't matter." I said, taking the box of food. "But I doubt she'd be very happy knowing you're bringing a prisoner --- no, your ex --- dinner."
I took a bite of the food.
"Though I have to admit, it is better than the slop they've been serving."

He stayed silent.

"What?" I asked. "Upset things aren't going your way?" I grinned, then began laughing.

"You know what? Go ahead, waste away in here for all I care! You're crazy!" He shouted and began walking towards the door.
I saw him look back at me before closing it.

I heard his footsteps fade down the hall.