🔥Chapter Fourty-two🔥

Y/n's POV

"I don't know what to do." I sighed, hugging my knees.

I had dragged Katara and Toph to an empty room to tell them about what happened.

"I personally hate Zuko, so I don't know if I can give you advice." Katara admitted.

"I'd say give him another chance." Toph said. "When he was talking earlier, I could tell he was telling the truth. I can feel something different when people lie." She said, pointing to her feet.

"All I did was try to help him, then he turned against me and had me thrown in prison." I said bitterly.

"But he also said he went to break you out and you were gone." Toph pointed out.

I looked at the ground.

"I firebended in front of him today." I said. "Apperently Iroh told him what I could do a long time ago."

"He wasn't mad?" Katara asked.

"No..." I mumbled. "He was calm, and I ended up freaking out and...attacking him."

Katara laughed.

"You attacked him?" Toph asked, confused.

"Yeah." I shrugged. "Blasted fire at him, threw rocks at him, then cried." I laughed at my own stupidity. "Maybe..I should give him another chance." I said, standing up.

"That's the spirit." Toph said.

~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours passed. It was now dark.

Despite deciding to give him a second chance, I avoided him the rest of the day.

I sat by the fire with everyone, eating.

Everyone except Zuko, that is.

He stood about 20 feet away, leaned against a pillar.

....Come on, Y/n. I tried to mentally hype myself up.

I stood up and walked towards him, holding my elbows so my arms were crossed.

"It's..a bit chilly." I mumbled, looking up at him. "You should come join us by the fire and eat." I smiled softly.

He looked down, then at me and smiled softly.

"Okay." He said, standing up straighter.

We walked over to the fire together.

He stared at it silently.

"I've got some pretty bad news." He finally said.

"What?" I asked, looking at him.

"I've lost my stuff." He admitted.

"Hey, don't look at me." Toph said. "I didn't touch your stuff."

"I'm talking about...my firebending." He kept staring into the fire. "It's gone."

Katara's laughter broke out.

"I'm sorry." She said sarcastically. "But isn't it ironic? You come here to teach Aang firebending, and all of a sudden you lose it?"

"Well, it's not lost." He said. "It's just...weaker for some reason."

"Maybe you're just not as good as you think you are." She said, glaring.

"Ouch." Toph said.

"That's a bit far, Katara." I said, looking at the girl.

"Let me get this straight." She said, looking back at me. "First you love him, then you hate him, and now you're siding with him? Make up your mind already!" She shouted at me.

"Seriously? Why does there have to be sides?!" I shouted back at her.

"Because, Y/n. There's people like Aang, who are good, and then there's people like Zuko!" She stood up as she shouted.

"He's changed." I growled at her.

"Oh, great. Now you think he's changed?!" She threw her bowl of food on the ground. "What about when he locked you in jail? Where was 'good Zuko' then?!" She made air quotes as she said good Zuko.

I clenched my fists as I looked at her.

Then, it clicked.

"Changed." I muttered, looking at Katara, then Zuko, my eyes widening.

"Yeah, we get it. He's changed." Katara said sarcastically.

"Yes! That's it!" I said, clapping my hands together. "Zuko changed sides!"

Aang's face brightened up.

"I bet your firebending comes from rage!" Aang said. "Since you changed sides, you don't have enough anger to fuel it the way you used to."

"Exactly!" I said excitedly.

"That's ridiculous." Katara said.

"Sooo all we need to do is make Zuko angry?" Sokka grinned. "That'll be easy!"

He began poking Zuko with the end of his sword.

"Okay, cut it out!" Zuko snapped, then rubbed the bridge of his nose. "Look, I don't want to rely on hate and anger anymore."

"Then there should be another way." I said.

"There is." Toph said from where she sat by the fire. "You need to draw your firebending from another source. I recommend the original source."

"The original source?" I asked.

"Mhm." She nodded her head. "For earthbending, the original benders were badgermoles."