🔥Chapter Thirty-six🔥

Y/n's POV

All I could hear from outside was shouting.

Today was the day of the eclipse.

All of the guards were outside.

I made a hole in the wall that divided Iroh's cell from mine.

"Iroh, I have an idea." I said, walking closer to him. "I've been thinking. I can use metalbending to break the bars and make it look like we broke out, but I can tunnel us underground so no one sees us." I said proudly.

"That sounds like a good idea for you, Y/n." He said.

I paused.

"For...me?" I repeated.

That's when it finally registered.

"You're not going with me, are you?" I asked, feeling a pain in my chest.

"I'm afraid not." He said, looking down. "But do not worry, Y/n. I am sure we will cross paths again."

I nodded my head, teary eyed.

I then threw my arms around the old man.

"I'll miss you, Iroh." I said, my voice breaking.

"I'll miss you too, Y/n." He wrapped his arms around me.

A moment of silence passed.

"...I think I'm going to join the Avatar." I whispered.

"Are you sure?" He asked, looking at me.

I nodded my head.

He let me go, walking over to the wall. Pulling out a rock, a small compartment was revealed.

"This is a map that shows you the way to all of the air temples." He said, pulling out a piece of paper. "I believe that the Avatar will head to one of them after today."

I blinked, then grinned.

"You planned this, didn't you?" I asked, taking the map from him. "You knew I'd want to join the Avatar."

He smiled at me.

"There's no time to waste, my dear child. You must hurry and get out of here."

I nodded my head, walking back through the hole I made.

"Goodbye, Iroh." I said, smiling sadly and waving goodbye.

"Goodbye, Y/n."

I closed the hole, then moved to stand infront of the metal bars of my cell.

Grabbing them and concentrating, they began to bend and break until an opening about my size was made.

I turned around and made a hole just big enough for me to climb into the ground.

Taking one last look around my cell, clutching the map in hand, I jumped into the hole and closed the top.

I created a small flame in my hand for light, tucking the map into my shirt.

Time to find the Avatar.