🏔Chapter Thirty-one🏔

Y/n's POV

I rolled over, taking in a deep breath.

"Mmmm.." I quietly groaned, feeling a light soreness between my legs.

I slowly opened my eyes, realizing I was in the bed alone.

Where is he? I wondered, sitting up and looking around.

As I did, the door opened.

"Oh, you're awake." Zuko said, standing in the doorway.

"What time is it?" I asked, confused.

"Breakfast time." He said, leaning against the doorframe. "After breakfast, Uncle said we're going to the Earth King's Palace."

"Ah, right.." I mumbled, moving to sit on the edge of the bed.
I stretched, then stood up to find my pants.
"I'll be out in a second." I said, pulling them up.

"Alright. I'll be in the kitchen with Uncle." He said, leaving the room.

After changing my shirt and making myself more presentable, I headed towards the kitchen.

"Good morning." I smiled, sitting at the table next to Zuko.

"Good morning, Y/n." Iroh smiled, placing a cup in front of me. "Enjoy your tea while you can, because soon we'll be serving it to the Earth King!" He chuckled happily, sitting down with us.

"I always enjoy your tea, Uncle." I grinned.

I still don't think it's a good idea going to the palace. Especially right after seeing Katara.

~~~~~~~~~~

Soon, we were finished with breakfast.

I changed into my work uniform, stashing pouches of water underneath.

Better safe than sorry. I sighed quietly.

"Y/n, the carriage is here!" Iroh shouted.

"I'm coming!" I shouted back, heading to the front door.

I walked out the apartment and got into the carriage, sitting next to Zuko. As soon as I sat down, it began to move.

"I have to admit, I am a bit nervous." Iroh said.

"You're not the only one." I said. "But there's nothing to worry about! Your tea is the best in the city." I smiled at him.

Maybe I'm letting my nerves get the best of me. We're going to serve tea to the Earth King!

Suddenly, the carriage stopped.

The door opened.

"Oh... We're here." I mumbled.

We stepped out, and the carriage quickly pulled away.

"Many times, I imagined myself here, at the palace. But I always thought I would be here as a conqueror." Iroh chuckled. "But here we are, personal guests of the Earth King, no less."

"Then let's do what we came here for." I smiled. "Let's serve some tea."