🔥Chapter Sixty-five🔥

Y/n's POV

"We're going to Ba Sing Se?" Zuko asked.

"Your uncle is somewhere beyond that wall. Nyla's getting twitchy, so it can't be too far." June said. "Good luck." She then rode away on Nyla.

"Let's get a small camp set up." I said, hopping off of Appa.

Zuko nodded.

"We'll restart our search at dawn." He said.

I yawned, stretching.

"It's been a long day. I'm gonna cuddle up to Appa and sleep." I said as I flopped onto one of the furry beast's legs.

I began to doze off.

It wasn't long until the others were fast asleep along with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A Few Hours Later

Appa began to bellow.

Now, everyone was standing.

A ring of fire surrounded us.

I took on a fighting stance. When I looked up, I saw four old men standing above us, all wearing the same outfit.

"Well, look who's here." One of the old men said, laughing.

Sokka and Katara began to smile.

The fire died down.

"What's going on?" Toph asked. "We're surrounded by old people."

"Who are these guys?" I asked.

"They're not just old people." Katara said. "These are great masters and friends of ours." She approached one of the men and bowed. "Pakku. He was my waterbending teacher."
She walked to the next man.
"And this was Aang's first firebending teacher."

"So, wait." Suki said. "How do you all know each other?"

"All old people know each other. Don't you know that?" One of them grinned.

"We're all part of the same ancient secret society, a group that transcends the divisions of the four nations." Sokka's old sword master Piandao explained.

"The Order of the White Lotus." Zuko and I said together, then looked at eachother, smiling.

The men nodded.

"About a month ago, a call went out that we were needed for something important." Jeong-Jeong said.

"It came from our Grand Lotus," Pakku looked at Zuko, "your uncle, Iroh of the Fire Nation."

"That's who we're looking for!" Toph said.

"Then we'll take you to hin." Piandao replied with a smile.

The men led us beyond the wall and to a camp.

"Well, here we are." Bumi said. "Welcome to old people camp."

"Where?" Zuko asked, looking around. "Where is he?"

"Your uncle's in there, Prince Zuko." Piandao said, pointing to a tent.

Zuko looked at me.

I put my hand on his shoulder comfortingly.

"Go on." I said. "I'll be out here waiting for you."

He nodded and began to walk to the tent. I saw him hesitate before walking inside.

"...Things between him and Iroh didn't go well the last time they were together." I said quietly. "The last time they spoke was when we were both locked in prison."

The group exchanged glances.

"Honestly, sometimes I forget how...bad Zuko really was." Toph admits quietly, her head downturned.

"You and me both." Suki chuckles.

The tent flutters, and we all turn to look. Zuko walks out, a soft smile on his face. Iroh walks out behind him. Instantly, I'm on my feet, smiling at him.

"Iroh~!" I grin, throwing my arms around the old man.

"It is good to see you, my dear Y/n." He says with a chuckle, hugging me back with strength.

"I missed you so much." I say quietly, feeling tears fill my eyes.

We all sat in a circle with Iroh. I, however, sat so close to him that our knees were touching.

"I haven't seen you in so long." I said, leaning against his shoulder. "So much has changed since I last saw you."

"I can tell." He says with a slight smirk, eyeing my necklace.

A light blush creeps up to my face.

"W-well, that is one of them." I stutter, looking at Zuko shyly as I reach up to touch the necklace.

After talking and catching up on current events, Iroh speaks up.

"It is getting late. You've all been traveling for a while." Iroh says as he stands up. "Let's rest. We'll speak more tomorrow."