🌊Chapter Seven🌊

Y/n's POV

After changing, I headed back to the room carrying the other clothes I had been wearing.

I knocked before entering the room out of habit.

"Um... I'm sorry I called you a jerk." I said quietly after walking in, holding his shirt out to him. "Here's your shirt back."

"Thanks." He mumbled, taking it and throwing it against the wall. He looked me up and down. "Fire Nation clothing?" He asked me, frowning. "But you're from the Water Tribe."

"I...got them to try and match you." I said, embarrassed. He stayed quiet.

Iroh walked into the room.

"It's a lovely night for a walk. Why don't you two join me?" He smiled at us.

"I'd love to!" I grinned, walking towards him.

He grabbed my wrist.

"No. She's staying here with me." Zuko growled.

"But you said I could leave the ship if I was with you or Iroh. I'd be going with Iroh." I said, confused.

"I changed my mind. You can only leave if you're with me." He glared at me. "I'm not going, so neither are you."

Iroh sighed. "Then I'll go." He said, closing the door.

I looked at Zuko, who hadn't let go of my wrist.

"Are you going to let go of me or not?" I asked him sarcastically.

"Not." He said, pulling me onto him.

My eyes went wide.

"Z-Zuko-? What are you doing?" I asked, flustered.

"Whatever I want." He said.
His face and tone were serious. I looked away quickly.

There was noise outside. We both looked at the door.

"Uncle?" Zuko questioned, gently pushing me off of him and getting up.
He opened the door and looked around the hallway.
"Y/n. Stay here." He commanded, disappearing into the hallway in a fighting stance.

I grabbed my bag and silently followed.

If there's danger, I have to help him. I owe him. I thought to myself.

I followed Zuko to the control center of the boat. He froze as he looked out the window.
I looked in the same direction, seeing a bird-like creature.

The ship rumbled.

I ran to Zuko, grabbing him by the arm and dragging him out the door.

"Run!" I shouted at him.
He was dumbfounded.

I bended water from my bag to form bubbles around our heads for air and pulled him off the ship with me.
It's a good thing I've been practicing my bending in secret. I thought as we landed in the water.

The ship exploded behind us, pelting us with rubble.

I held onto him tightly, feeling the cold water around us.

I pulled on him lightly so he would swim the same direction as me.

Staying under water a few minutes extra for safety measures, we then crawled onto the land, gasping and shivering.

"What the hell was that?" I asked, coughing.

"Zuko! Y/n!" A familiar voice shouted.

"Uncle!" Zuko said, coughing.

Iroh approached us, panting.

"You're both hurt." He said, helping us up. "Come now, we can't stay here."

~~~~~~~~~~
(A few hours later)

"Hurry, get dressed." I whispered, pulling the armor on over my head.

"I am." He frowned at me, putting on his helmet.

We were on Admiral Zhao's ship.

The explosion had injured both of us, and we were now in hiding.

Once we were both dressed, we left the room and began walking through the hallway. I had my bag of water hidden under the armor.
I had gotten a bit better at controlling it, practicing with my water scrolls in secret.

We saw Iroh walking down the hall. We stopped next to him.

"The plan is working perfectly. Zhao doesn't suspect a thing." Iroh said to us.

Zuko and I took off our white face plates.

"So, we're safe?" I asked him.

He nodded his head.

"For now. But, the pirates told Zhao someone else was on the ship with Zuko. Even if he thinks you're dead, he knows about you. Since you're helping Zuko, you're going to be considered an enemy of Admiral Zhao once he finds out you're alive." He told me.

I bit my lip and looked down.
That's not good.

"You didn't have to do this, uncle." Zuko said.

"I'll keep Zhao distracted so he doesn't notice you two." He said.

"Thank you, Uncle." Zuko said, looking down.

"People are coming. Stay hidden until we get to the North Pole and the Avatar will be yours. Good luck." Iroh said, looking at me when he said Avatar and Good luck.

We put our face plates back on and began walking.

"How long do you think until we reach the North Pole?" I whispered. He stayed quiet. I sighed. "Are you still mad at me?"

"I told you to stay in the room." He said.

"If I had stayed in the room, I'd be dead, and so would you!" I whisper-yelled at him.

He didn't respond.

He knew I was right.

"...I'm sorry." I said quietly. "I didn't mean to-"

"No." He interrupted my apology. "You're right." He said.

An awkward silence surrounded us.

~~~~~

After a few hours, Iroh came to find us.

"We'll be docking soon. Do you two have a plan?" He asked us.

Zuko went to answer with unsureness, when I beat him to it.

"Yes, sir. I've planned out everything." I said, determined.
Zuko and Iroh both seemed surprised.
"What? I have a brain, you know." I said to them, frowning. "I can think things through."

~~~~~

Soon, the sun set. Iroh helped us ready a small boat to go to shore with.
I had changed into my Water Tribe clothing to try and blend in if I was seen.
Iroh came to see us off.

"If you're fishing for an octopus, you need a tightly woven net or he will squeeze through the tiniest hole and escape." Iroh said.

I looked at him, confused.

"We don't need your wisdom right now, uncle." Zuko said, looking at the water.

"I'm sorry. I nag you because ever since I lost my son-" Iroh began.

I stopped listening.
It sounded like a private conversation.
Instead, I looked out at the sea, concentrating on the push and the pull of the ocean.

I had to be helpful to Zuko now, no matter what.

Zuko climbed into the boat with me after hugging Iroh. I helped him lower us into the water.
I water bended us forward while Zuko paddled.

We kept having to duck behind ice to hide from patrollers.
Eventually we stopped and got off onto the ice.

Turtle seals barked at us before diving into a hole.

"Where are they going?" Zuko whispered, approaching the hole. "They have to come up for air somewhere."