🔥Chapter Sixty-two🔥

Small Warning: This chapter gets a bit emotional. I teared up while writing it but I'm also very dramatic at times and still cry while watching cartoons so
∧( 'Θ' )∧

Y/n's POV

I sighed as I leaned against the railing, looking at the sky.

I then heard footsteps approaching.

I dropped my head.

"If you want me to apologize, the answer is no." I said grumpily.

"Relax. I'm not here to make you apologize." Zuko said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

He put his chin in the crook of my neck. I smiled softly as I reached to cup his cheek, gently tracing my thumb over his jaw.

"You know, this place is really nice." I said quietly, looking at the sky once again.

I closed my eyes and tilted my head back as I felt Zuko kiss my neck.

I turned around so we were face to face and wrapped my arms around his neck. His grip around my waist tightened as he pulled me closer.
Smiling, I closed my eyes and leaned forward to kiss him.

Moments later, our lips parted.

I leaned my head against his chest, listening to his heart beat.

"You know..." I whispered, looking up at him. I moved my arms to hold him by his shoulders. "We should come back here."

His eyebrow raised.

"When?" He asked, confused.

"Oh, I don't know." I said, smiling as I moved both my hands to his chest. "I was thinking...in a few years. We should come back here...as a happy family."

He blinked, processing.

"Wait, Y/n, do you mean-"

I pressed my lips against his to stop him from talking.

"I mean I love you, Prince Zuko. And I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I said to the stunned boy.

Suddenly, he let go of me and took a step back.

I gulped.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be weird." I said, suddenly regretting what I had said.

He reached into his pocket.

"I was waiting for the right time to give this to you." He said quietly, holding the object in front of him so I could see it. "I wasn't sure when the time was going to come, but...now seems appropriate."

I stared at his hand in silence. Silence, shock, and most of all, happiness, for in his palm lied a blue necklace.

I looked up at the boy.

"Zuko, that's-" I began.

"A Watertribe engagement necklace." He finished, holding it up with both hands.

I pushed my hair out of the way and turned around.
As I felt his fingers brush over the skin of my neck, tears welled up in my eyes.

I let my hair back down and reached up to touch the necklace.

"Zuko, it's beautiful." I whispered, then turned around to look at him. "I love it." Tears began to trickle down my face. "I love you." I threw my arms around him, holding onto him tight.

"I love you too." He said, wrapping his arms around me.

I moved away an inch and stood on my toes to kiss him.

He leaned into me, causing me to take a few steps back until my lower back was pressed against the railing of the path.
I reached up to brush my fingers against his face as I cupped his cheek.

I teasingly bit his lip, and he seized the opportunity, deepening the kiss.

After a few moments, our lips parted from one another, both of us lightly gasping for air.

"Let's go back to the room." I said. "It's getting cold out."

"Alright." He said, smirking as he lifted me up.

My legs wrapped around his waist and my arms around his neck.

"What are you doing?!" I whisper-yelled at him as he began walking.

"Carrying my bride-to-be." He smirked.

I blushed, burrying my face into his neck.

"Well, you're doing it wrong." I teased.

"Shut up and let me have my moment." He replied.

I chuckled, closing my eyes.

After a short walk, we got to our room.

He walked over to the bed and set me down so he could go back and close the door.

As he did, I crawled further onto the bed.

I then heard a soft click.

He began walking back towards the bed, sitting on the edge of it and leaning closer to me.

"Let me show you how much you mean to me." He whispered.

I smiled, leaning closer to kiss him.

"Yes, my Prince."