🌊Chapter Three🌊

Y/n's POV

"You'll have to excuse my nephew. He can be quite much at times." The old man said, taking a sip of tea.

We were sitting in the kitchen on the ship, drinking tea together.
I had changed into my other clothes; apparently it was the clothing they had found me in. They were dry and comfy.

They had taken off my heavy wet clothing to prevent me from catching a worse cold.

I stayed quiet, looking at the barrel we used as a table. He noticed my uncomfortableness.

"That was Prince Zuko of the Fire Nation." He said, taking another sip of his warm beverage. "I'm his uncle." He chuckled.

I kept looking at the barrel.

"...I'm Y/n." I said, taking a sip of the tea. I looked up at him cautiously. "Um...where are we? Why am I here?" I asked him.

"We are currently in the South Pole looking for the Avatar." He told me. "My nephew was walking in the snow when he stumbled upon you and brought you back to our ship." He finished explaining.

"...I see." I took a sip of the tea. "Um..what is the Avatar?" I asked cautiously.

"You weren't joking when you said you didn't remember anything?" He asked me.

I shook my head.

He began to stroke his beard as if to look for the right words.

"The Avatar is someone who can bend all four elements, to put it simply." He explained. "My nephew and I can bend fire. You can bend water. The Avatar can bend both, along with earth and air."
He took a sip of tea.
"However, there is only one in the world. When he dies, the Avatar is reincarnated as a new one."

"So, I'm a waterbender?" I asked, a bit amazed.

"Yes." He chuckled.

"The Avatar, have you seen them before?" I asked.

"Yes. We ran into him not too long ago, but failed in capturing him."

I started feeling more comfortable talking to this man.

"If your nephew is a prince, why doesn't he have a crew?" I asked curiously, noticing that no one else was on the ship.

He sighed, looking down.

"They were taken by Admiral Zhao." He said sadly. "He even took the cook."

I hesitated.

"..I can try to help." I said.

His eyes narrowed.

"What do you mean?" He asked me.

"Your nephew saved my life. It's the least I could do. I can cook and help him capture the Avatar." I said, having another sip of tea.

I choked a little, then sneezed.
As I sneezed, flames appeared and disappeared almost just as quick.

He stared at me.

"Y/n..." He said, dumbfounded.

"I'm so sorry!" I said quickly, looking down at my lap. "I have no clue what just happened."

"Y/n, you just... firebended." He stroked his beard and looked down, deep in thought. "Earlier I watched you waterbend." He looked at me seriously. "What else can you bend?"

"I-I'm not sure." I said, confused. "Why?"

"Y/n..." He stared at me. "I think you're the Avatar." He said quietly.

I blinked.

"What?" I asked. "But you said you saw the Avatar before. That there's only one."

"I may know what's happening here." He said solemnly.

"What?" I asked.

"The Avatar had been missing for one hundred years. He was an Air Nomad." He took a sip of his tea. "Perhaps...him being frozen in the ice so long disrupted the balance. The next Avatar in the cycle would be from the Water Tribe." He gestured to my clothes.

I looked down at my clothing.

I had on gray fur boots that stopped halfway below my knees, a thick blue dress-like coat with a hood, and black pants.

"Is this...Water Tribe clothing?" I asked, looking at him.

He nodded.

"So...what you're saying is, I somehow entered the cycle of the Avatar?" I asked him.

"That is the only theory I have for now." He admitted. "Until we have this figured out, Y/n, you cannot tell anyone else about what happened. Not even Zuko."

I nodded obediently.

"Yes, sir." I smiled softly at him. "Um, thank you for everything so far, Mister-" I paused. "Ah-, you never told me your name." I looked up at him.

He chuckled, smiling.
"General Iroh. Retired." He said.

"Thank you for everything, General Iroh." I said, bowing to him properly.

"Please, just Iroh." He insisted.

"Allow me to repay you by cooking you dinner." I said, standing up straight.

"Hmm. Alright. I'll make more tea." He grinned.